19 | "I THINK YOU SHOULD LEAVE"

CHAPTER NINETEEN;

"I THINK YOU SHOULD LEAVE";

Jisung remembers the eagerness that came along with a knock to his front door. Almost immediately his head snapped to the side, brown eyes widening with excitement. The soft blue blanket that was once wrapped around his body now fell carelessly to the floor. It was ripped from around him, then discarded as he struggled to stand. The cup of tea he made a few minutes before was slammed down onto his coffee table, small droplets not only splashing onto his fingers but on the hard wood as well. Jisung knew he had to clean it up before everything became sticky, but his main priority was answering the door. It's why he didn't bother pausing some cliche drama he was actually quite invested in. Instead he dashed over to the door and fumbled with the lock attached to it, cursing quietly when he wasn't able to unlock it fast enough. But eventually he had, and he was now swinging the door open with the largest smile he could muster. He was glad he had too, because returning that grin was his daughter. She was being held with Hyunjin's left arm, while his right was occupied with the same pony bag that sparkled under the sunlight. Jisung didn't hesitate to reach out for Esme, forcing her against his chest and giving her one of his tighter hugs. It was only one night but he could proudly say that he missed her.

"Oh my goodness, I missed you so much!" He spoke the words while spinning in a circle. Hearing her giggle again filled the blonde's chest with warmth—and caused him to attack her face with sloppy kisses. She was laughing as she tried to escape the trap that was his arms, mumbles of "no more" getting caught in between. That's when he laid one more kiss upon her chubby cheek, before gently placing her down on her two feet. She was very quick to skip over to the couch and climb on top of it. Jisung followed after her chirpy figure, but instead of sitting beside her, he just reached for the black plastic remote and removed his show to put on something more kid friendly; a cartoon relating to talking dogs and at times other animals. She was immediately entranced with the screen, not bothering to spare her parents another glance.

Jisung chuckled at her.

"Quokka, I'm gonna go talk with Hyunjin in the kitchen for a second," He hadn't gotten a response. "You just wait here alright? Shout if you need me" This time he had gotten a silent head nod. Jisung playfully rolled his eyes. Then he turned around to face the ravenette who still stood by the door, it now shut behind him. He had leant Esme's small bag up against a wall. Once the two caught gazes, the shorter of the two motioned for Hyunjin to follow. Follow all the way to the kitchen, where Jisung found a comfortable position against the counters, arms crossed, and the other only a few steps away. There was a beat of silence. "So how was she? No asthma attacks right?"

Hyunjin chuckled.

"Jisung, if she did, I would have called" The younger one clicked his tongue in vexation. "But yeah, she was great. I think she had fun. She drew a ton of pictures. I shoved most of them in her bag. The rest are on my fridge" Hyunjin let out a snicker. "She said something about wanting everyone to see her masterpiece" Jisung nodded along with a grin. He even pointed to his own white fridge that was on the brink of being covered with numerous colorful drawings; the people being stick figures, and the grass being just green scribbles.