|Chapter 16|

"Stay Back!" I yelled at the masked man. My hands pulled Laurie behind me, protecting her from any possible harm that man could do to her.

"Michael! Stop!" A voice suddenly yelled which caught my attention. Loomis stood at the top of the pool, a gun pointed straight at Michael.

The man who came dangerously close stopped for a second. His head slowly turned to the side, clearly wanting and waiting for what the man behind him to continue to speak.

"Michael, it's me. Samuel." His voice was on the edge of breaking. Such softness clouded his words as he spoke to him, but Michael didn't care neither for his name nore the person that stood next to him a couple steps away. He turned his head again to us, that's when he began to step closer again slowly.

"Michael! Please! Stop it!" Loomis yelled again while we screamed in panic.

That's when he heared a gunshot. The masked man took the bullet with ease and still somehow remains on his own two feet. My eyes caught the glimpse of Loomis who had the gun in his hand.

"STOOOP MICHAEL!" Loomis yelled yet again trying to reason with him, but Michael ignored him which led to another shot. This shot caused Michael to fall on his knees but still had the will to reach us. His hand slightly reached out to me, his eyes were begging me to take his hand. My eyes soften at the sight of this man in front of me. Somehow I felt bad, even though he killed people and probably tried to kill Laurie, who deserves it somehow. But the fact that his eyes were looking directly into mine, begging no even praying for me to reach to him out as well was something I couldn't describe. He was able to make me feel something.

"STOP!" Another shot fell and this bullet took the rest of strength from Michael. He fell to the dirty ground and no movements followed afterwards. This is it? This is the end? I wondered as I watched the man laying with his face down into the dirt. Blood was slowly visible through his mechanic suit and that's when I knew the answer. He was dead, no human would survive this. A wondered would only bring this poor soul back into life. So simple. A simple death but yet I can't feel anything else except regret and sadness. It wasn't his fault, none of it. Flashbacks from my past life came rushing back into my mind as I slowly got on my knees, taking his hand. It was never his fault, he was bullied. He had a torn family. His heart was broken by....me. It was our fault that he has become such cruel person. So taking his hand and giving it a light kiss on his dirty knuckles was my way to say "I'm sorry."

I hoped that somehow this message would reach him in hell, cause that's where he would be send in his now. Probably this would be the place I'd be send as well when I die. I know that I wanted to escape him, to never see him again. But I can't help but wonder what it would've been like to stay with him, which adventure might have opened for me and if I could've escaped my fucked up life with my abusive husband and all the worries that I've been caring on my back for ages. Maybe Michael would've been the key to a fresh restart or maybe...He would've given me the feeling that I've been missing since the day he was sent to the asylum. The feeling that I've desperately trying to find all these years, the true meaning and feeling of love.

Tears were slowly rolling down my cheeks, I didn't notice that this moment was so touching. I can't help but feel pain, my heart was hammering painfully up to my throat and the feeling of swallowing was unbearable because my throat has dried out. My tears hit the dirty skin of my past school friend which cleared out some skin. The cries of Laurie brought me out of thoughts and I knew it was time to go.

"It's ok..it's ok...He won't hurt you anymore." Loomis said as softly as possible as he slowly lifted Laurie off of the ground and hold onto her so she wouldn't fall. I got up as well and dusted the dirty off of my clothes. I followed Loomis, my head slowly turned to the side and watched the man for one last time before he would be a closed chapter in my miserable life. I fucked up

But maybe Michael wasn't my destiny, maybe he was really just a fucked up Michael. Maybe the man in my house was already good enough for me but I just couldn't see that because of all the worries which clouded my mind for years. Maybe that was my problem, I was too greedy. Wanting more and more and more and more.

Loomis opened the car doors for us, he placed Laurie to the back seats and I had the 'honour' to sit with him at the front. His eyes were red as I finally got to see his face. Did he cry?

"Was that the boogeyman?" Laurie asked crying as she looked him.

"As a matter of fact...I do believe, it was..." Loomis answered, his head slightly nodding and his eyes fixated on something as he drifted of to his thoughts.

My eyes slowly looked down to my feet as I waited for him to start the engine of the car. Suddenly something broke the window at my side and reached its hand inside. An arm slung around my torso and with so much force it got me out of the car.

"What the hell?!!!" Loomis yelled as I screamed for his aid. The person managed to get me out and still under so much stress and panic I couldn't recognize the huge surprise that awaited me till I heared Loomis scream his name.

"Michael! Stop!"

That's when I looked up and met the cold stare of the masked killer. He's alive?!

 He's alive?!