|Chapter 20|

My eyes slowly adjusted to the bright sunlight, which blinded my eyes, after I awoke from my deep slumber. A groan escaped my lips as I stretched my limps and slowly rise from the bed. A strong pull prevented me from getting up though and my body was pressed against the hard chest of my masked killer. His eyes were staring into mine after I turn my head his way, immediately I could muster the mischief behind those dark orbs. His mask was blank, whitout any emotions. Yet his eyes tell me a different story. A smile curled on my lips.

"Good Morning, Michael." I greeted him.

He nods his head my way, biding me a good morning as well. His mute persona was something I got used to, yet I somehow wished that he'd talk a bit more around me.

"Have you planned anything for today or am I glued to your side again?" I asked him with a raised eyebrow. He seemed to think for second before he pulled me even closer to his chest and began to nuzzle into the crock of my neck. A laugh erupted from my lips as he did so and my hand petted his hand awkwardly.
"Glued to your side it is."

The warmth of his body gave me comfort and for a second there, I really thought about getting used to this feeling and the emotion he expressed with such tiny acts, yet the suden knock on the door interrupted the moment we shared. Michael went completely stiff, his eyes shot open. His eyes slowly glanced down at me, his big hand wandering to the side table. I was confused at first, but then understood as soon as he got out a pair of handcuffs, which he stole from one of the cops he had killed back at the house. He wanted to make sure, that I'd stay here and wouldn't run away. It would be something I'd have probably done back then, heck, maybe even now. His hands slowly embraces mine, an apologetic glint in his eyes as he cuffed my wrist to the bed. I just nodded at him with a small smile, showing that I completely understood why he behaved like this.

"I'll be back." He said in his raspy, deep voice and grabbed his knife before walking out of the door.

I was wondering who might be on the door. We were in a place where no soul seemed to live. It confused me, that the person who knocked on the door, would just go up to a random abandoned house and knock on it. The mystery was soon solved as soon as a familiar face burst through the door. I shrieked at the suden action and the old man entered the room. It was Loomis. His eyes scanned the room and soon landed on me. A relieved smile formed on his lips.

"(Y/n)! I'm glad that you're ok! I knew he wouldn't hurt you!" He said laughing as he rushed to my side and searched for a way to open the cuffs.

"Loomis?! How did you find me?!" I asked confused, yet also a bit relieved to see someone sane.

"It wasn't easy. No, no....it really wasn't..." he stammered as he found the hidden key and began to open the cuffs.
"Sorry that it took us that long, I hope he didn't treated you horribly."

"No...actually....he was kinda nice..." I said as he released me. His eyes scanned mine, he looked at me weirdly before he grabbed my wrist.

"You must have gone crazy, but we will talk about it as soon as we get out of here."

"But...I don't wanna go."

Dr. Loomis stopped dead in his tracks. His grip loosen a bit around my wrist. Disbelief crossed his face, but I was serious. I somehow don't want to leave Michael. It was weird and I could explain why, but I wanted to stay with him.

"(Y/n), you can't think straight! He must have gotten to your head! Thats absolutely insane!" Loomis protested as his hands grabbed onto each side of my shoulder.

"I'm not crazy!" I shouted and brushed his hands off of my shoulders.
"Don't ever call me that!"

"I need you to calm down." He glanced behind him, fear was literally writen over his face.

"Why should I? You call me damn crazy and try to take me!" I protested and threw my hands up as a slight sarcastic laugh escaped my mouth.

"I'm trying to help you!" He hissed under his breath.

"No, you're not. Just leave, will you?" I sat on the bed again, folding my arms over my chest and glancing to the corner of the room.
After I noticed, that he wasn't leaving, I stood up again and faced him.
"Why are you still here? Leave!"

"I'm sorry, (Y/n)...that I have to do this..." the man got a cloth from his pocket, which erupted a strong chemical smell. I knew what he was about to do, yet before I had the opportunity to call out to Michael, the cloth was already in my face. The chemical cut the air in my lungs, the feeling of hyperventilating started to kick in and more and more I seem to fade into darkness. My body grows limp in the arms of the psychiatrist, his eyes showed sorrow. I wasn't sure, what was about to happen to me, where I would wake up to or to whom I wake up to. Yet I could tell, that Michael wouldn't be there with me. Knowing this caused a tear to escape my eyes.

Was it a tear out of happiness? Because they saved me from a murderer? A man I gained feelings for, because he was the only person around me. The only person I could talk to?

Or was it a tear out of sadness....because....I had gained feelings for him....not only because he was the only human being around me....but also made me feel things, that a man never made me feel? Feelings, I thought I had lost.