|Chapter 18|

I can't really remember how much time has passed since my decision to go with Michael. What I'm sure of though is the fact that I didn't make the false call. I didn't regret it, not one bit. He brought me to an old abandoned barn, since Loomis would first look for us at the old Myers house. Michael didn't want to lose me to one of those cops or to his former psychiatrist, so he brought me here. It was cold and not a place that I'd call cosy, but we'd only be here for a few weeks, till Loomis eventually gives up on the search and returns to his Job.

Michael has changed a bit after I willingly followed him. He has become more....friendlier and clingy. He didn't want to leave me side and always wanted me to be warm. He was treating me like some sort of child. He always got some food, brought blankets so I didn't catch some cold and want to get at least one hug a day. The fact that a serial killer grew so attached to me is creeping me out, but as long as he doesn't kill me, I'm fine with a hug a day.

The only communication skills he posses aren't very excellent, because at the beginning he only nodded his head in approval or shook his head in disagreement, which ment that I could only ask him yes or no questions. But after a week or so he stated to answer by writing into the mud with his fingers. It took some time for him to write his answer and the writing wasn't the best, but I was somehow happy that he tried it for me.

Over the days I grew more comfortable around him and I wasn't that uneasy about my choice of words anymore. I learned over the days that I can talk about anything I want to as long as I don't say that I wanted to run away or mentioned something about Dr. Loomis. Another thing I've learned is that Michael is actually a sweet person and that he's misunderstood.

Maybe I think like that because he still didn't kill me or maybe because he liked me, but I got to see him from another perspective. The way he chooses his words when he writes them down and the way he cares about me, it's just something that no psychopath would do. I know that Loomis told me, that Michael had some weird obsession over me and I saw how he killed those men back at the House, but I can't help but wonder, what if he has changed over the days?

He only killed those cops because they shoot him a few times, it was self defence. That's ridiculous, he had no right to kill them.
I think I'm going insane here. That thought was scary though, why would even my mind consider that thought and put it into the centre of an possible outcome of the deaths.

A hand suddenly found it's way to my shoulder and I was pressed into the side of a muscular chest. My eyes looked at the man who I shared this barn with and a small smile formed on my lips. His eyes held concern as he met my thoughtful face. I couldn't describe the feeling that started to grow in those little moments we shared, when he just held me in a side hug and his caring aura took place in these cold walls.

His finger found it's way to the ground and then started to scribble away

His finger found it's way to the ground and then started to scribble away. My eyes hung on each word he wrote until the sentence showed his question.

'Are you ok?'

His eyes then slowly looked at me again, scanning my facial expression and lightly stroke my arm which send shivers down my spine.

"Yeah, I'm ok....I was just....deep in thoughts." I answered honest and kept my soft smile on my lips.
A chuckle escaped his lips which was muffled by the mask. His foot erased the question with one swift move and then started to write down again.

'Like always. You haven't changed much.'

I chuckled at his respond and shrugged my shoulders. He was right, I was always thoughtful about everything. Right now, I was thinking about why I'm comfortable around a killer, but no rational answer could verify that question. Some would say that I was crazy. Others would say that I didn't have a choice. And the other 0,5% would say, that I was surely but slowly falling for this caring maniac.

Who of those three where right, I wasn't sure about that myself but I was going to find that out, while I'm here with him.