irl; 1.13

Miniminter's POV

JJ and I were supposed to be meeting for dinner tonight at Silent Hill, however, he was yet to show up. I had been sitting in the back room for half an hour at least. It was not like JJ to be late.

On our third or fourth date, he told me that being late showed you think your time is more valuable than someone else's. I was beginning to get worried.

Josie came over, "Hey, Josie, have you heard anything from JJ?"

"No Mr. Minter, he has not said anything to me."

"Thanks," I said, looking down at my phone to see if JJ had texted back. I had spammed him with calls and texts. I made the decision to go to his apartment. I had a key after all.

I asked the valet to pull up my car, and she did so promptly. I said a quick thank you and handed over a 5 dollar tip before getting into my car. I drove off toward JJ's.

JJ always left a spare key under the doormat. The first thing I noticed upon entering his apartment was the keys to his McLaren were gone. Secondly, his phone was left laying on the coffee table in the front room. JJ didn't leave his phone, ever.

"Think Simon, think. Where did JJ go?"

I texted the boys telling them that JJ had gone somewhere and that I was worried. It was a Friday night, and they had gone to a club, so texting them was fairly useless. Where would JJ go in a hurry?

Shit, shit shit. WHERE?

Yes, the treehouse, of course. I ran down the stairs, not bothering with the lift, to the car park. I got into my car and started driving.

"JJ??!!" I called up to the treehouses. I got no response, so I climbed the ladder to further investigate. He was crying his eyes out, but it wasn't a loud sob, it was more of a quiet cry. I quickly ran to him, pulling him into my arms. He naturally cuddled into me. He seemed grateful for my presence as far as I could tell.

"Jide?" I said with relief. He was safe.

He said nothing, and so I just continued to hold him. I kissed his head and pulled him closer. We were laying down, my arms wrapped around him and our legs intertwined. His head lay on my shoulder.

JJ just kept crying and I just kept holding him. It must have been a couple of hours before J stopped crying.

"Si?" he said with a feeble voice.

"Yeah J."

"Stay."

"Always."

So eventually, we fell asleep. It was a peaceful and comfortable sleep. It was just the two of us, as if the rest of the world did not even exist.