chapter -02

„doubt of memories"

The troubled girl once again woke up from her deep sleep. She noticed new people watching over her.

"Where is Kakashi-san?", she asked.

"Oh, Kakashi-sensei? He left already. We're the ones who will guard you.", the pink-haired girl answered.

"Oh, I'm Mia Tachi, sorry for troubling you.", the girl said politely.

Wow, she is really well-mannered.

Sakura thought to herself. The girl surprised her.

"I'm Sakura Haruno, nice to meet you!", Sakura introduced herself with a smile which later on faltered as she realizes a certain blonde jinchuuriki is snoring.

"Naruto! We're on a mission! Wake up!", Sakura punched the poor blonde in the gut which caused him to wake up.

Mia stares at them in shock because of their normalized violence. And, of course, the strength of the girl in front of her.

"I'm Naruto Uzumaki! I'm going to protect you!", he said with a wide grin.

"Thank you.", that's all the girl said which caused the room to be silent.

Geez, she doesn't talk at all. This mission is so boring!

"Oi! Why don't you tell us about you? This mission is pretty boring, are you really someone special to protect?", Naruto said bluntly as Sakura sweat dropped.

This idiot is so rude and embarrassing!

"A-ano, I'm nothing special. Well, that's what I think.", Mia replied, "But I think my hair has something?"

"Eh? Your hair? What about it?", the clueless blonde asked.

"Geez Naruto, can you see anyone else having the same color of her hair?", Sakura points out.

"Oh right."

"Yeah, because of this unique hair, the people in my town ridiculed not only me but my parents as well.", the girl said sadly, "It's my fault why they died."

The two ninjas looked at each other sadly, deciding not to pry into the topic right away.

"You two are ninjas right?", Mia asked out of the blue.

"Yeah! And I'm going to become a Hokage one day!", Naruto said with joy.

"Hokage? Like Tsunade-sama? Sugoi!", the girl's eyes sparkle in excitement.

"Must be nice being a ninja.", she added with a low tone.

"Why'd you say so Mia-chan? Do you want to be a ninja?", Sakura asked with curiosity.

"Ehh, not really.", she replied as both ninjas looks at her weirdly, "It's hard for me thinking about myself. Like there's something missing from me. Like what I am is not enough. I'm grateful to be alive but... I'm not happy.", she holds her necklace while saying this.

"Eh? How come you're not happy?", the blonde asks like it was something so odd.

"It's different from you guys. I mean, you have something to live for, you have motivation to keep on going.", Mia explained, "I just lived to be by my parent's side. But, now that they're gone, I'm nothing but an empty shell."

That's so sad, I never looked at it that way.

Sakura empathizes with the girl in front of her. How cruel it must be living her life.

"But don't you have something you want?", the blonde eagerly asks, it was not an everyday encounter for the jinchiruuki to see someone so down about their lives. Even enemies have the motivation to do something, why can't she? An ordinary girl must want something.