chapter - 13

„missing piece"

Early in the morning, Naruto and Sakura patiently waits by Hanako's side. She's been out for three days and this worries them. There's no doubt that the unconscious girl has already made them attached to her.

Tsunade mentioned that this was bound to happen. The girl's memories are still incomplete and there's probably something that triggered it.

"I should've stopped her from training that day, she already told me that her head ached so much.", Naruto says with his eyebrows furrowed.

"There was nothing we can do, all we have is to wait for her.", Sakura comforts the blonde, she knows how much Hanako meant to him.

Hours passed, the two teenagers decided to leave for now. Naruto went to training to get his head off Hanako, if ever it's possible. Sakura needed to go home and do some errands.

Hanako's body jolts up from the hospital bed. She quickly removed everything from her wrists and runs to the Hokage's office.

I have to tell her now.

She jumps building to building, not caring if anyone can see her and her bright hair, she can't waste anymore time. The people in the village can see the mysterious blue glint and starts pointing at it. Children smiling at it, saying that it was some kind of magical entity.

This commotion caught a certain blonde's attention.

Is thatHanako-chan!

He rushes to her, trying to catch up.

"Hanako-chan! What are you doing out here!? You're supposed to rest!", he shouts at her but to no avail, she was running so fast.

Baa-chan's office? Why?

Hanako slams the doors open, catching Tsunae off guard.

"Hanako? Wha-", Tsunade exclaims before being cut off by the girl.

"I remember! I remember why I lost my memories!", she says as Naruto follows behind.

Naruto grabs her shoulders and let's her face him.

"Are you out of your mind!?", the boy shouts at her with worry.

"Naruto, stop. Hanako remembers something. She wouldn't be running here if it wasn't so important."

Hanako turns away from Naruto and places her hands at the Hokage's desks.

"I was with-, well, they captured me.", Hanako feels the tension of the room, not sure what would be their reaction. This was a touchy subject, especially for Naruto.

"Who?"

"Orochimaru captured me from a group of people who kidnapped me. He said I owe him my life so he trained me there, along with", she gulps as she looks at Naruto, "Sasuke Uchiha."

Naruto's eyes widen in shock.

"You saw him?!"

"He acted as my guard. They didn't let me go so I had to be guarded at all times.", she sighs, "But he's the reason why I was able to escape though."

"He helped you?", Naruto says in disbelief. Then, he smiles.

I knew it, you still have the good in you, Sasuke.

"Yeah, I planned escaping. They didn't know that I already mastered genjutsu so they tried to trap me in it and I went along with it. It took six months of planning to get out of that shithole, I wasn't going to fuck up and go back to square one. I really wanted to leave that place."