chapter - 25

„the end"

"Onee-san, don't you think my omelette became better?", Giro says excitingly.

"Yes, I do! I'm so glad that I was able to taste it Giro.", Hanako says with a smile.

She couldn't help but to feel sad about the omelette. It wasn't just a memory of Giro and her family but also a memory of a certain blonde that would always request it as his breakfast in the morning.

I hope you're doing well without me, Naruto.

Suddenly, a bright green aura enveloped the girl's body, making her stand up in shock.

"What is this?", Hanako says.

"You're leaving? But you just got here.", Ayumi says in sorrow.

"No!", Hanako reaches out to hug her family.

"It's alright Hanako, we'll be here.", her mother tells her.

"You must continue on living your life to the fullest, Hanako.", Hiro says, "You are meant to do great things, so don't hesitate to accept the opportunities that life hands to you."

"Otto-san."

"We're very happy that we have finally talked to you in such a long time, Hanako.", her mother says one last time before Hanako's body completely disappears from the realm, leaving her family.

"We love you."

Hanako's eyes shots open and sees the sky above.

"Look! Shikamaru!", Sakura shouts as Shikamaru comes over and sighs in relief.

"You too, huh?"

"Thank goodness! You're back Hanako-chan!", Sakura sobs out.

"I'm back?", Hanako says, confused of what has happened.

But I left them, again.

Hanako cries with Sakura, releasing all the pain that she has felt in the past hours. The Shinozaki suddenly remembers Naruto, who she can't seem to find around her.

"Naruto, where's Naruto?!", she says with worry.

"He's the one that did this, he's the reason why those who have fallen are now well.", Sakura smiles, "He did it, Hanako-chan."

Hanako feels the weight resting on her shoulders have gone when she heard that from Sakura. She doesn't know what she'll feel or do when she finds out that Naruto has fallen as well.

Naruto attempts to walk back to the village after burying the body of Yahiko and Nagato beside Jiraiya's. He leans against the tree, feeling the exhaustion taking over his body. Suddenly, he falls forward, only to be caught by his sensei.

"Good job.", he hears him say.

"Kaka-sensei.", he mutters tiredly, not wanting to deal with going back and facing Sakura's sobbing over their friend's body.

"Just lean on me.", Kakashi says, making Naruto smile.

They walk slowly back to the village.

"Hmm?", Naruto looks up and sees all of the villagers cheering out for him.

"Welcome back!"

"We knew you could do it!"

They all cheered, shocking Naruto. Never in his life, he would feel such welcome by all of the people.