chapter - 17

„somber news"

Hanako awakens but refuses to open her eyes that will be greeted by the sunlight peaking through the window. She reaches to hold her necklace, only to be stopped by the heavy weight on her left arm. Hanako felt her body stiffen in fear, now she really refuses to open her eyes and see a stranger in her bed. She tries to remember what she did last night and when did she fall asleep.

I was in Naruto's house and then

what

She constructs a strategy to escape in her mind.

I still have my right arm free, I can punch his throat.

She lifts her arm, getting ready to make a blow on the stranger's throat. As she went for the attack, she was engulfed by a large hug.

Hanako lets out a yelp of surprise and opens her eyes, realizing who was the culprit of her kidnapping. She smiles widely, seeing the familiar blonde hair that she missed so much. Hanako quickly hugs back as Naruto puts his legs on top of hers to embrace her even more. She giggles at his movements. As much as Hanako wants to stay and cuddle with him, she needed to pee.

"Naruto-kun, I need to go to the bathroom.", Hanako manages to say.

Naruto frowns and stays still.

"Oi, Naruto-kun."

Naruto opens one eye to check who was calling his name so early.

"Oh, Hanako-chan? What's wrong?"

Hanako looks at him and smiles, "Good morning, Naruto-kun.", the blonde grins at her greeting, feeling warmth and fuzziness.

"Good morning, Hanako-chan."

"Eto, do you mind?", Hanako points out her caged position.

"G-gomen! I usually have a pillow to hug b-but-"

"It's alright. I'll cook breakfast. What would you like to eat?", Hanako says as she went in Naruto's bathroom.

Naruto gapes at her, following the Shinozaki's movements. He is still processing the fact that he went home to a clean apartment and a girl that was waiting for him, a girl who was now going to cook him breakfast.

You're really too kind Hanako-chan.

But what bothers him is the events that happened. Itachi talking to him about Sasuke and if he would kill him if he needed to.

Sasuke, what are you doing right now?

Hanako comes out of the bathroom, a bit surprised that Naruto didn't answer her question. She looks at him and sees the puzzled look in his face.

"Are you alright?", she says worriedly.

Naruto snaps out of his thoughts and looks at the Shinozaki, he grins to cover up the fact that he can't stop thinking about his last encounter with Itachi.

"Of course! Let's eat, I've been waiting for your feast ya'know? You broke your promise.", Naruto teases her.

"Oi! I cleaned your whole apartment. Do you know how tiring it was?", Hanako retorts and Naruto laughs at her reaction.

A knock on the door interrupts their conversation. Naruto gets up and Hanako proceeds to open the door that reveals their silver-haired sensei.

"Kakashi-sensei?", Hanako lets out, surprised by his sudden visit. Kakashi was surprised as well, he looks around to see if he's knocked at the right door.