chapter - 08

„what the past holds"

"I was the one who inherited the bright blue hair of my father, who was the leader of the whole clan.", Hanako points her hair to emphasize.

"Those who inherit the hair is given the power of a massive amount of chakra in their body. The only problem with that is the weak body of a human can't handle it that well. Our body can only handle so much chakra. So basically if we use a lot of it making powerful jutsus, our bodies will be hit with exhaustion that slows us down. We can train to have stronger bodies by pushing our limits but still, it's really a big disadvantage when we fight enemies."

"I was training since I was young, so my body is capable but I remember one time I used too much chakra and passed out. I felt like shit when I woke up three days later."

"D-did you just cuss?", Sakura looks at Hanako with a shocked face.

"I'm sorry", the girl chuckles a bit, "Yeah, you aren't probably used to it but I cuss a lot."

This is totally not the Mia we know. I don't know what to feel. She gives off a really confident and intimidating aura. That was the complete opposite of what she was.

"Well, that's all. I guess you can say I'm a bit dangerous but as of now, I'm rusty as fu— sorry. It's been two years since I had proper training", the girl says to the group, in hopes that they would trust her still.

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your clan exactly?", Neji asks the weirdly calm girl in front of him.

Hanako thought very hard but she can't seem to remember what happened. It was like a blur in her mind.

She grabs ahold of her necklace, a habit of hers when she gets nervous.

"I don't remember.", she speaks up.

Tears spilled from her eyes. The girl didn't even notice that she was starting to cry. It hurt in her chest. It was like someone was stabbing her a million times.

The longer she tried to remember everything that happened, the more that it got harder to breathe. She was panting, like the time she was in the hospital.

"Mi— Hanako-chan! Calm down! You don't have to force yourself!", Sakura exclaims as she notices the girl in front of her was having a panic attack.

"Naruto! Hold her down!", she commands the blonde.

Naruto quickly moved from his position. He grabs Hanako's shoulders like he did before.

I know you're hurting Hanako-chan, but please, don't leave us.

I have no purpose. The clan that I was trained to lead and protect are buried six feet under.

Naruto stayed behind when Sakura and Neji left to rest. All of them were processing and absorbing what Hanako just told them.

Hanako-chan is probably the one who's feeling the worst right now.

The blonde stares at the sleeping girl. He brushed off the strands of her hair that were covering her face.

Minutes later, he heard shuffling and saw that Hanako sat up from her bed.

"Hanako-chan! Are you okay?", Naruto asks the girl immediately.

This guy will always care, will he?

"Yeah, I'm fine Naruto-kun, just a bit tired."

"Good."

"Will you come with me?"