Clipshowing

Five of the six of them, minus Charles, who was busy putting a DVD containing clips of a younger Lydia into the DVD player, sat together on the couch. Delia sat to the left and saved a spot for Charles to sit in when he was done putting the DVD in.

Once done, Charles grabbed the DVD remote and sat himself down on the couch next to Delia.

"Ready?" he asked the other five members of the Maitland-Deetz family.

"Ready!" they all confirmed and Charles began to play the DVD.

The first clip was of a six month old Lydia. Emily is heard speaking on the television.

"Come on, Lydia," she said. "Say mama."

"No, say dada," Charles is heard saying on the tv.

Baby Lydia is shown on the tv looking confusedly between both of her waiting of her parents. She opens her mouth, as if she is about to say something, and then closes it again.

"Come on, Lydia," video Charles is heard saying. "You can say dada."

"No," said video Emily. "Say mama, Lydia. C'mon."

Baby Lydia opened her mouth again.

"Mama? Dada?"

Video Charles and Emily are heard making equal surprised sounds. "She said both words," they said in unison.

A new clip was then shown on the tv, this one showing a now one year-old Lydia sitting on the floor. Emily is shown laying behind her.

"So that's what Emily looked like?" Barbara asked in curiosity, turning to look at Charles. The living male nodded.

"Yep," he said.

The two of them turn their attention back over towards the screen.

Video Emily helps Lydia up and the one year-old wobbles before falling on her bottom on the floor again.

"She's nearly there," video Emily is heard telling video Charles, who is standing behind the camera and filming. "Just once more helping her stand up and she'll hopefully take her first steps without falling."

"Let me help," video Charles is heard replying. He hands the camera to video Emily and sits himself on the floor behind Lydia. "Maybe we should let her stand up on her own and take her first steps," video Charles suggests to Emily.

"Good idea," video Emily replies.

One year-old Lydia stands up and takes a few steps. She doesn't even fall on her bottom this time. Video Charles looks towards the camera and gives video Emily a thumbs up.

"She did it," video Charles says with a smile on his face.

"Yep! She did," replies video Emily.

The clip changes to show a now five year-old Lydia, dressed in what appears to be a nice outfit. Her Blonde hair is tied back into a high ponytail and she is staring nervously at the camera.

"It's your first day of school. Your first day of kindergarten, Lydia," video Charles is heard saying.

Emily appears on the screen, placing a chalk board with the words Lydia's first day of kindergarten on it. Emily walks away and stands behind the camera and beside Charles. Soon after, the camera on Emily's phone is heard.

"Just one more," video Emily is heard saying. "Smile, Lydia."

Five year-old Lydia smiles and Emily takes another picture.

"I can't believe it's already your first day of kindergarten," video Emily says as she walks back onto the screen and helps Lydia put her backpack on. "Boy does time fly by fast. It seems like just yesterday I was in the hospital giving birth to you."

Video Lydia smiled at her.

"That's it," Charles said as he stood up and went to take the DVD out. He put it back into its case and turned to face the rest of the family, addressing Delia, Betelgeuse, and the Maitlands. "Thanks for letting me show those clips to you, guys."

"You're welcome," they chorused back to him.

Charles exited the living room, heading back to his office to put it away and do some more work. When he was gone, Lydia turned to Delia, Adam, and Barbara. "Do you guys mind if Betelgeuse and I head back out to look for more ghosts?" she asked nervously.

"No!" they shouted in unison. "You may not, young lady."

"You're only grounded for a couple of days," Barbara added with a sigh. "You may only go out to look for some ghosts with Betelgeuse after that time is up but only if you ask permission first."

"Okay," Lydia said sadly, heading back upstairs to her bedroom with Betelgeuse following closely behind her.

Lydia lay on her back on top of her bed, her sheets strewn all over the floor all around it, facing the ceiling of her bedroom. Her view was soon covered by a concerned Betelgeuse, hovering over top of her and looking down towards her.

"Betelgeuse!" she said with a groan. "Get out of the way. I'm trying to sulk here."

"I was just wanting to make sure you were okay, Lydia," Betelgeuse grumbled and teleported out of Lydia's view, appearing a few feet away from the teenager's bed and sitting on the floor. "Sheesh."

"I'm fine, Betelgeuse! Okay! Just leave me alone and go bother the Maitlands or whatever. I'm sure they'd want to spend some time with you."

"Fine!" Betelgeuse grumbled and teleported out of Lydia's bedroom in a bright flash of light.

Betelgeuse reappeared in the center of the attic of the house and sure enough, the Maitlands were there, Adam working on his model some more and Barbara reading in her favorite rocking chair.

They looked up from what they were doing the moment Betelgeuse appeared, surprised, to say the least. Adam put down the paintbrush he was holding and Barbara closed her book after replacing her bookmark in it, the two of them making their way over towards the nervous looking demon.

"Was there something you needed, mr. Geuse?" Adam asked.

Betelgeuse nodded. "Lydia doesn't want to spend time with me," he said sadly. "She's busy sulking in her bedroom."

"Sometimes everyone needs some time to themselves, mr. Betelgeuse," Barbara explained, resting a hand on Betelgeuse's shoulder. "Maybe leave Lydia alone for the time being and let her sulk for a while. I don't know why she's sulking. Maybe Adam and I can go check on her. You could come too if you wanted.

Betelgeuse just nodded and the three of them teleported out of the attic.

They appeared in Lydia's bedroom not too long after, finding the teenager still sulking and laying on her back on top of her bed. Adam rested an ice cold hand on Lydia's shoulder and the teenager let out a few groans.

"Lydia?" Barbara asked. "Are you doing okay?"

"I'm fine! Just leave me alone!" was the response she got.

"Lydia, we just want to know why you're sulking," said Adam.

"I'm not telling you."

"Come on, Lydia," Barbara pleaded. "Please tell us."

"Fine!" Lydia grumbled. "I'm sulking because of the videos my dad showed you guys."

"What's wrong with them?" Adam asked worriedly.

"EVERYTHING!!"