Chapter 3: new friend

Y/n pov

I walk through the woods as I head back. I look up to the roof of leaves and branches and see the serene landscape I picture in my mind. I feel myself be out at ease.

That was until my stomach started to growl.

"Damn. I should find something to eat." I look around searching for berries or fruit.

But my ears twitch. Something was watching me.

"A wolf." I say. Turning around I came face to face with a white wolf.

 Turning around I came face to face with a white wolf

I was mystified by it. There was a legend about the white wolf. It went like this.

"The white wolf symbolizes fate. If you were to see white wolf in your life then you would see a vision of a potential destiny would be shown to you.

If you blink and the wolf is gone then the vision is false. But if the wolf is still there then the destiny is the one set in stone for you to follow."

I saw a vision. I would be in a great battle. One that will decide the fate of a people. Once the battle subsides. My enemy and I would both die.

I go to blink to see the result. I open my eyes and the wolf

Is still there.

That destiny is my destiny.

"I guess you have shown me my fate wolf. At least it will bring me comfort knowing that my suffering will finally end. Thank you." I say to it.

I gets up and leaves. It disappears into the woods. Fate is a cruel mistress. When you believe that your live is getting better. It's taken away by death.

I always thought that I could defy fate. But it will always lead to that moment.

I continue my trek until I made it back to the group.

Timeskip

When I finally made it back I was greeted by jaune and ren tackling me.

They told me that I was gone for so long and that they were about to send out search parties. It was touching for sure. I calmed them down and I went to sit down.

Looking to my left I saw Crdn curse to themselves as if they were hoping that I was dead.

"Don't worry you four. Your wish will come true soon." I mumble to myself.

Soon I was punched in the face by Yang with her ember celica.

"Where were you!? You had us waiting for you for like an hour! Do you know how bored we were waiting for your ass!?" She yells activating her semblance.

"S-s-s-sorry." I say. But I look more closely to see that a small tear was showing in the corner of her eye.

I get up and I walk away from them. I could've sworn I heared Yang mumble something.

Yang pov

"That idiot. I thought he was dead." I say with tears.

Timeskip
Y/n pov

It was time to head back to beacon. We got on the bullhead and it took off. The trip back was a bit weird but I just plugged in my scroll and music took me away from reality.

No one's POV

From outside the bullhead the white wolf could be seen once again. It was staring at the bullhead. Who knows what it is thinking. It just went back into the woods never to be seen again.

The bullhead was more silent than the last time. The bright aura that y/n would produce was replaced with one full of doubt and silence.

"Doesn't y/n seem more.

Sad than happy?" Pyrrha says.

Everyone nods.

"Well perhaps a good prank will lighten this ride up!" Cardin says holding a bowl of water in his hands.

Yang takes the bowl and dunks it on Cardin's head.

"You. Will. Not. Humiliate Him!" She says ina rage shocking everyone. She realizes what she did and sits back down.

The ride back was silent after that.

Timeskip
Y/n pov

Once the bullhead landed the teams went back to their dorms to rest for the weekend. I was about to head to my dorm until ms. Goodwitch stopped me.

"Y/n? Are you okay? You are never this sad. I'm worried for your well being." She says hugging me.

My head was in between her.

*ahem*

'Assets'

"Yeah. I'm okay. I'm just tired is all." I lied to her.

She nods her head in understanding. She then escorted me to my dorm. When we made it she waved me goodnight and left.

I entered my dorm room and I collapsed on my bed. After all that has transpired I needed to rest. Today was not the best.

"I need a shower." I get up and start the water.

Getting in I stand still letting the hot water flow down my body. From there I begin to remember what Oum said to me.

Flashback

"I-I'm not sure Oum. I'm not strong enough to face a literal god. There are many other powerful people out there. So why choose me?" I ask.

"Yes there are indeed other powerful beings out there. But none of them possess a heart as pure as yours." He says. My eyes widen in surprise.

"There are no others worthy of this power but you y/n. You may not realize it yet but your destiny is much greater than you think." He says.

Flashback end

"My destiny is greater than I think." I repeat.

I then see the memory of the white wolf showing me my fate. The battle. It was all fuzzy but I do see myself fighting a powerful enemy. But me dying. It was too much to bare.

I closed my eyes and I cried in the shower.

"I never wanted this. I wanted to help others and bring smiles to everyone." I say.

"How can I help everyone when in my life is nothing but destruction." I say.

Destruction. That word sears in my heart. But it feels familiar and powerful.

Maybe I could use destruction to help.