Chapter 10: Oum vs Vandheer

Vandheer pov

My wounds have healed a little bit. But I am still weak. If I am able to achieve my vision then I must kill Oum and his champion. Suddenly my beowolfs perked up in alert. A portal opens up to reveal Oum coming through.

"Well then. This is unexpected even for you Oum. You always make the mortals do your dirty work. Why come here yourself?" I say letting the head of one of the beowolfs.

"I came here because this is a personal matter. You threaten the safety and balance of remnant Vandheer. I must see to it myself that your are defeated and destroyed." He says to me.

"Why? Is it because of my dream? Is it because it because of my ambition? No. I know why. You know it too." I say with a dry laugh.

"It's because I don't belong here. Right?

Monty Oum?" I speak as he looks at me with a serious face.

"You created remnant and it's inhabitants. Yet you wanted someone to help manage this new world. And that was where I was born." Venom consumes my emotions.

"I was nothing than an advisor to you. A servant just like everyone else. And when I gave you my idea you banished me to the void. I WANTED TO KEEP REMNANT SAFE!!!!" I exclaim one anger.

I stand up and I yell at him. My beowolfs growl and they stand at the ready. Oum's expression changes to one of anger as well.

"Your dream was insane and tyrannical! You wanted to become the new god of Remnant because of jealousy!" He shouts in retaliation.

"I wanted to protect the balance as much as you! But it seems that your are one sided! That is why you are in my way!" I say as I draw my sword.

I order my beowolfs to leave as I do not want them to get hurt. Oum draws his sword as he gets into position.

"I was born to be a servant. My sole purpose you have was to help you. Yet when I thought for myself you punished me and banished into that void! You are nothing more than just an egotistical giant!" I say as I charge him.

I junk and I swipe my sword downward towards Oum's head. He blocks the strike with his sword and throws me back.

"Yes you have gained thought and will. But I have seen the darkness that has festered within. I cannot allow that darkness to rule!" He charges and he thrusts the sword to my neck.

I dodge to left and I drive my fist into his stomach taking away his breathe. He backs away to recover I don't give that luxury as I chase him.

I tackle him through the door and down the stairs into the main lobby of the castle. He gets up and moves away as I drive the sword into the ground.

"My will was not corrupted. I kept the safety of remnant in my heart as well!" Oum swipes his sword at me. I parry it as we shove each other down another set of stairs.

Oum uses his wings to recover in the air. From there he speaks again.

"Enough! This fighting is pointless! Why do you fight even though you know you are weak?" He asks as he fires spears at me.

They pierce me and pin me to the ground. I struggle to break free but it's no use. I lay there stuck and still as I begin to talk back.

"Because. . . . I am Vandheer! And. I. Am. Will not surrender!" I break free from the spears. I can't reach him when he flies. So I change tactics. I put away my sword and I form fists in my hands.

"Firebending? It's no use Vandheer. I am too fast for you to hit me." He gloats. I smirk as I begin to launch fire attacks at him.

He is true to his word. He dodges them like nothing. So I'm response I spin and I launch my flames in all directions. I hear Oum scream in pain as he falls to the ground.

I turn to him to his wings burned. He couldn't use them again. He readies is sword again. I ready my firebending stance. From there I threw two fire fists and fire kick at him.

He uses his sword to blow away the flames. He lights up his sword and sends beams of light at me. I pull out my blade and I deflect the beams. I channel my flame to my sword turning it into a flame whip.

I spin and I send the whip around his neck burning it. He groans in pain as he grabs it and breaks it. Using this opportunity I run behind him. He regains his composure. He doesn't see me until I shove my sword through his chest clean through.

He falls to the ground coughing up blood. I walk to him with my sword drawn. I stand over him as I speak to him once more.

"I-I. Wanted. *huff* to protect. *huff* remnant. My heart. Is not corrupt. It's misunderstood. Now I must achieve my dream. To do that I need your powers. Or more specifically. Your soul." I raise my sword getting ready to stab him.

But at the last second he blast me away with his light knocking me away. Blinded I couldn't see where he was. When I regained my senses I see that he was gone.

"No. No." I punch the ground.

"NNNNNNOOOOO!!!!!!" I scream into the sky in anger.

Oum pov

I made it through the portal to the only safe place I know. Beacon tower. I collapse on the floor as I hear Ozpin run to me.

"Oum! What happened!? What did you do!?" He asks in a panic.

Breathing heavily I look up to him and I speak in a weak voice.

"Y-y/n. G-g-get y/n. Hurry." I say before fading in and out of consciousness.

He nods before he get the intercom.

"Y/n l/n please come to the headmaster's office immediately please." He says calmly to not raise suspicion.

After a little bit the elevator door opens to reveal y/n.