Chapter 13: the arrival to atlas

Y/n POV

I was on the bullhead to atlas. After I saved yang and her team Ada I was immediately sent right after. Yang was worried sick that I was deployed despite me being injured.

I'm pretty sure Ozpin is gonna be in trouble with Yang AND Glynda. I feel sorry for him. Taking a seat I closed my eyes.

"We'll be about two hours away from atlas. So feel free to rest." The pilot says.

I did just that. I closed my eyes and let my dreams take me. I wonder how Ozpin is doing?

Ozpin pov

I barricaded my door due to two very angry ladies outside. I was shaking in absolute fear.

"OZPIN OPEN THIS DOOR!!!" Yang shouts as she punches it.

"WE NEED TO HAVE A TALK HEADMASTER!!!" Glynda says trying to move the objects away. Good thing I duct taped them to the ground before hand.

"Maybe it was a bad to send y/n on the mission a little early." I speak to myself.

Soon enough the doors were blasted down and I hid behind my desk. I tried to hide but Glynda lifted it up and they looked down at me with auras that can kill anything.

"So tell me Ozpin. Why did you send y/n on a mission knowing full well that he was heavily injured." Glynda says with a soul tearing stare.

Crap.

Y/n POV

I awake to the bullhead landing on the ground. Looking out the window I see that we made it to atlas.

The door opens and I step out. I was amazed at the state of the place. Even after Salem almost destroyed it. It was looking better.

"Salutations friend y/n!" I hear a familiar voice.

I turn to the direction only to be tackled to the ground. I knew who this was.

"It's good to see you too penny." I say to her as we get up. She was rebuilt after after the Vytal festival disaster. But if you ask me she looked cuter with the short hair.

"Friend y/n. Ironwood was notified of your arrival and has sent me to fetch you. Come we must not delay in the coming matter." She says as she grabs my hand and leads me through the halls.

Using my Faunus ears I was able to hear the conversations of the others around me. Well they didn't know that I was a Faunus yet. Eventually we made it to the command room.

From I saw ironwood ordering his men. He then sees me and he smiles.

"Ah welcome y/n! I'm sorry we couldn't meet on better terms." He says as he shakes my hand.

"It's alright ironwood. The problem at hand is troubling for us all." I reply. He leads me to the command table where he and his colleagues came together.

Well one is his colleagues gave us cups to drink.

I took a sip and I immediately recognized this.

"Ginseng tea?" I say.

"Ah it's good to see you know your tea." The man says.

"Personally I'm a fan of jasmine tea but there are others

"Personally I'm a fan of jasmine tea but there are others." He says.

"Y/n meet my friend Iroh. We met after the defeat of Salem. Without him I would still be insane. Though i though ginseng tea was your favorite?" Ironwood says.

Iroh laughs a bit before speaking.

"Yes that is true but life is always twisting and turning. Like a game Pai Sho you never know what to expect." He says.

Me and ironwood just look at each other. We were confused until we eventually got it. I asked for more tea and he filled my cup.

I was about to take a sip until someone bumped into me. I ended spilling my tea on the floor. I was about to apologize until I see Iroh in tears.

"I know you're not supposed to cry over tea, but it's just so sad!" He says crying over my spilled cup.

"Now that the Faunus is here can we begin?" A woman says walking in.

"Of course Winter. Let get started." He says as we all gather around.

Iroh recovered as we went to the table to begin the meeting.

Iroh grabbed next and whispered into my ear.

"Can you believe that she likes her tea cold? Not even my nephew has that kind of taste!" He says with disgust. I just shrug.

"Some people like tea that way." I say to him.

"Besides I know her sister. If Weiss is a ice princess than Winter is the ice queen." I joke.

We all gathered around the table as ironwood began to speak.

"So as of right now Vandheer is alive and healing in the land of Grimm. He is weak so he is staying back to heal. With no way to get there as of right now we need to prepare for when he shows himself." He says. We all murmured among ourselves. But then Winter spoke up.

"But sir. If we are going to face Vandheer than we is a Faunus with us?" She asks glaring at me.

"Because Winter Oum chose him as his champion to face Vandheer. With Oum severely wounded y/n must take his place until Oum is healed." Ironwood clarifies.

"Iroh since your a firebender as well I want you to train y/n so he can have better chance at defeating Vandheer." He says as Iroh nods.

"Winter I want you to check our Troops and see if they are combat ready." Winter salutes.

"Penny I want you and Pietro keep guarding mistral and atlas. I will send some AK-400 to help you." They both nod.

"That is all for now. We will reconvene in a week. Dismissed." Ironwood says as we head off to our homes.

I was assigned to Iroh's home so that way he can teach me firebending. We made it inside as he got comfortable.

"Now y/n how do you feel about a game of Pai Sho?" He says as he sits by a Pai Sho table.

"Sure why not?" I say as I sit opposite of him.

We ended up spending the entire night playing Pai Sho and drinking tea.