Chapter 9: unleashed

No one's POV

We stand in Ozpin's tower as he looks over the recent reports. I look of concern covers his face as he looks over what the Grimm are doing.

"They are more coordinated than ever. I guess HE is back." He says sighing in frustration.

From that moment that elevator door opens to reveal Salem and another figure.

"Ozpin my friend. It's been too long." The figure says.

"Ah master piandao! It's good to see you again my friend." He says relieved.

"Hey don't forget about me Ozzy." Salem says with a humph.

The two men laugh until their faces became serious. The three sat down as Ozpin began to fill them in on what's happening.

"I have some dire news to you both." He begins.

With a deep breathe he continues.

"Vandheer has returned. I don't know how but he has." He says. The news brought looks of surprise and shock from Salem and Piandao.

"Are you sure? It could a giant coincidence." Salem says in denial.

"I wish that was true but it's not. The tactics the Grimm are using are ones that only vandheer would know. Also Oum has contacted me. He says that vandheer is still weak and regaining strength. If we want a chance to finish off vandheer once and for all it has to be soon." He says.

"We need to find a person strong enough to face vandheer." Ozpin finishes.

Both Salem and Piandao look at each other before looking back at Ozpin.

"But who?" Piandao asks.

"One does not simply show up out of nowhere. It we need a champion we need one that is alive and well to this day. We can't wait for a newborn." Piandao finishes.

"Well we need to keep our eyes out. This champion is out there somewhere we just need to look harder." He says looking out his tower window.

Elsewhere
Y/n POV

We were in combat class today. Me, Jaime, and Ren were back together again as we watched the sparring matches. Yang's team was up against team Cfvy. I watch yang as she uses her ember celica to launch towards coco and velvet taking them out quickly. But during the fight my friends spoke to me.

"So y/n. Me and ten both heard that your with yang now. Is that true?" Jaune asks with a smug look on his face.

"Y-yes." I answer.

They both bro hug me.

"Congrats y/n. I'm proud of you." Ren says patting me on the shoulder.

"Yeah man. I knew your not as weak as you make yourself to be." Jaune says as he pats my back.

"Thank you guys. It means a lot. But just because I'm with yang now doesn't mean I'm better. I still lose almost every fight I'm in." I say looking down.

Jaune decides to punch my arm. I hold it in pain.

"Ow Jaune. What's wrong with you!?" I retort in anger.