11. The Stalker

He's Dangerous

He's Dangerous

I scowled at the words on my screen, unable to imagine a single scenario that would make Nari believe Seokjin was dangerous. Sure, I found myself wondering if Jin could be the one messing with me, perhaps determined enough to obsess over getting me back somehow. But never had I thought that he'd be aggressive or threatening in the way Nari was making it seem.

I swiftly replied to her messages.

Nariberry

Active 2m ago

Hey, I need to talk
to you about Seokjin

Do you still talk to him?

You need to stay away from Jin

He's dangerous

What do you mean..?

Why is he dangerous?

"Who's Nariberry?" Jungkook's gentle breath was suddenly sweeping over my shoulder and collarbone, giving rise to goosebumps on the skin, the unexpectedness of it causing me to jerk away.

"Nobody. Why are you being nosy?" I questioned as I stood from the bed.

He shrugged. "Didn't realize you had something to hide." Despite his act of nonchalance, the suspicion behind his brown eyes was hard to miss.

"I don't. I just don't think it's polite to peek at someone's screen," I countered.

"Apologies, m'lady." He gave a slight bow of his head, voice laced with a mocking undertone.

I narrowed my eyes. He knew just how to push my buttons with his teasing.

"I'm ready," Jimin announced, slinging his red backpack over his shoulder.

"So soon? Why don't you guys stay for a while?" Jungkook proposed, standing from the bed.

"Maybe another time. Jangmi and I have plans tonight," Jimin replied quickly.

"Plans?" the raven-haired male furrowed his brows, angling his chin up slightly as he peered at me.

"Yes. Plans that don't involve you," I said.

"Ouch." Jungkook clutched his chest as if he was in pain, though his lips were stretched into an amused grin. "Now who's lacking manners? You'll have to invite me to your next 'plans' to make up for it, don't you think?"

"Considering you were impolite too, I think that leaves us on equal ground now. So I don't owe you anything," I responded, to which he laughed. Not giving him a chance to hold my attention any longer, I made my way to the door and opened it.