Loco for NoCo

Noah was reading a book in a café downtown. He heard his friends talking about it and he thought why not give it a try? The place was small, but it felt welcoming. It was quiet. There weren't much noisy customers or kids that hang around near this area.  

A drink was set down on his table and he looked up to see the waiter. And yes, it might be cliché but he can't stop thinking that the waiter was cute. His name tag said "Cody" and that's what he's going to call him. "Thank you, Cody," Noah said as he took a sip from his drink.

"You're welcome sir," Cody said as he was about to walk away. "Call me Noah," he said with a smile. Cody felt his face burn, but the blush wasn't visible. "Alright, Noah," he said as he waved and walked away. 

Once he got back to his place in the counter, his friend, Gwen, nudged him in the arm and asked, "who's the cutie?" 

Cody blushed at the teasing he received but brushed it off. This was Gwen's fun side and he enjoyed it. "His name's Noah," Cody said as he tuck a stray strand of his hair behind his ear. "You should really get that cut," Gwen suggested as she leaned on the counter. Cody shrugged and followed her action, "I like it how it is."

For the next few days, Noah keeps going back to the café on a daily business and he made it clear that he preferred Cody as his waiter. 

"Wow, look like that guy really likes you,"  Gwen teased as Cody blushed, "tell me your secret."

"I have none," Cody answered while he wiped the trays. 

Noah watched from his seat as he saw Cody and Gwen joke around. He liked to see Cody smile like that. He wished that he could make Cody smile like that or even more, if that was possible. 

He looked at the time and sighed. He payed his bill and gave Cody a tip as always.

The next day, Cody smiled as he saw Noah enter, but his smile faded when he saw a girl hugging Noah's arm enter with him followed by another couple. Noah took his regular seat with the group sit with him. 

Gwen glanced at Cody seeing his reaction. Those eyes showed sadness and broken hearts. Cody doesn't want to admit it but he has a crush on Noah. And that crush grew from the days he always enter. And he looked single for he never brought anyone with him. How foolish of him to think that a guy like him is single. Right now, it seems Noah's in the middle of a double date. 

"Cody, are you-"

"I'm fine," Cody cut off Gwen's question. He sighed sadly and headed towards their table. Now he just wants the day to end. 

"Can I take your order?" he asked. Noah saw him and his face brightened, but then it fell when he saw Cody's mood. "The usual," he ordered. Cody wrote down their orders and then went back. He felt a little guilty seeing the dejected eyes of Noah following him.

The end of the day came slower than Cody wished. He watched with pained eyes as the girl Noah addressed as Emma repeatedly flirted with him. And when Noah would glance at Cody, he turned the other way, either talking to the customer or talking with Gwen, and not once did Noah saw him smile. 

Cody sighed as he finally closed the shop. Thoughts of Noah filled his head. He sighed. 

His phone vibrated and he got a text from Gwen. 

Hey! 

U r gonna flip tom!!!!!!!!

Ur welcome :) 

Cody was confused. He just shrugged it off and walked home.

The next day, he entered late. He overslept and his boss is sure to scold him. He met with his boss in the front of café and he paled. He approached him and apologized. 

His boss chuckled and pat his head saying that he was just on time. The two entered and the café was filled with customers. On the side, Cody saw the group Noah was in with the girl sulking in the corner. Wait, where is Noah?

A voice cleared his throat and Cody's gaze fell on the Music corner where they let aspiring musicians play there. His eyes widened when he saw Noah with a guitar. Noah saw him and made eye contact. Cody blushed and looked away. 

Noah's grin widened and he then announced in the mic, "this is a song dedicated to my friend, Cody."

Cody's heart fluttered at his name. Noah then started to strum on the guitar and his voice is like one of a siren that lures Cody to jump into the deep in the arms of said Siren.

Baby, I don't feel so good
Six words you never understood
I'll never let you go
Five words you'll never say
I laugh along like nothing's wrong
Four days has never felt so long
If three's a crowd and two was us
One slipped away

I just wanna make you feel okay
But all you do is look the other way
I can't tell you how much I wish I didn't wanna stay
I just kinda wish you were gay

Is there a reason we're not through?
Is there a twelve step just for you?
Our conversation's all in blue
Eleven "heys" (hey, hey, hey, hey)
Ten fingers tearing out my hair
Nine times you never made it there
I ate/eight alone at seven, you were six minutes away

How am I supposed to make you feel okay
When all you do is walk the other way?
I can't tell you how much I wish I didn't wanna stay
I just kinda wish you were gay

To spare my pride
To give your lack of interest an explanation
Don't say, I'm not your type
Just say that I'm not your preferred sexual orientation
I'm so selfish
But you make me feel helpless, yeah
And I can't stand another day
Stand another day

I just wanna make you feel okay
But all you do is look the other way
I can't tell you how much I wish I didn't wanna stay
I just kinda wish you were gay

The crowd applauded, and Noah and Cody made contact again. They both blushed but none dared to look away. They were in a trance, and they liked it like that.

In the end, Noah had to go home with his friends and Cody was left to work, but his focus was somewhere else. That song was meant for him. His heart fluttered. Even with the grumpiest customers, he still held a smile. You could say he was a ball of sunshine for the rest of the day. 

Cody and Gwen said their goodnights and Cody locked the cafe. But he didn't expect Noah to wait for him outside. 

Cody blushed at the sight of Noah. And Noah returned the gesture. "Hey..." Noah said, rubbing the back of his neck. "Hi..." Cody said softly, rubbing his forearm from nervousness. "So..." Noah started, "need a ride home?"