Paper Hearts

Courtney struggled as she rapidly skimmed through the papers that sat on her desk. How could she have missed this much?! 

A knock resounded on her door. "Come in!" she yelled, furiously writing down notes. 

"Wow, Court," a familiar voice said. Courtney turned around to see the Asian queen bee leaning on her door frame. "I never thought that you, of all people, would procrastinate," Heather half-heartedly-joked, which brought Courtney no humor at all. 

"What are you doing here?!" Courtney exclaimed as she went back with her work. "The professor assigned us for a project, remember?" Heather said as she raised her brow. "Ack!" Courtney slapped her forehead, very frustrated with herself, "how could I forget?!"

"Yeah," Heather said as she let herself in, "happens to most of us." 

"What's all of this, anyway?" Heather asked. "It's for my internship. I was sick for two weeks and I had to take two weeks off. I was lucky I didn't got replaced."

"Replaced?" 

"If I was gone for too long, they'll take it as I had quit and replace me," Courtney replied, opening her computer and started typing rapidly. "Oh," Heather asked, "what company are you interning on?"

"Wawanakwa," Courtney replied as she wrote down notes. 

"Oh," Heather perked up, "my aunt works there." 

She walked towards the pile of paper Courtney was working on and got a sheet and pen and started to write on it. "Uh, what are you doing?" Courtney asked, irritation in her voice. 

"How 'bout I offer you a deal?" Heather said, "you make our project while I get the rest of these done. It's clear that you're not handling this all too well with, so why don't I get the extra load off your shoulders while you get mine?"

Courtney raised her brow at the diva and asked, "that's all? Nothing else?"

Heather smirked, "you know me too well." 

Courtney's eyes dulled as she assumed at what she was going to request. She returned to typing to her computer and replied, "I am not hooking you up with Alejandro." 

Heather looked offended. She spun Courtney's chair and glared at her face, "who cares about that jerk?!" she took a deep breath and regained her posture, "just do me a favor after this."

"What favor?" Courtney asked as she crossed her arms. Heather rolled her eyes and replied, "don't worry. It won't be anything big." She then turned back to Courtney and grinned. She extended her hand and said, "do we have a deal?"

Courtney was hesitant. She needed to be done with her work in two days, and the project was due the next day. She doubted Heather would do it in two days or less. But then again, Heather always seemed to be on time with every other assignment assigned to her, even when she has a lot to do. 

Courtney connected their hands and shook hers. "I need it in two days," she said and got off from her chair. She stretched her sore limbs and then looked at the pile than at Heather, still hesitant and was regretting her decision. 

Seeing the worried look on Courtney's face, Heather rolled her eyes. "Don't you worry your little head," Heather pushed Courtney to the door and smiled. "Just get the project done," she pushed her out and closed the door. 

Heather sighed at how Courtney turned out. She turned to the stacks of paper and grinned. She stretched her arms and said to herself, "let's get started."

The following days are going smoothly, much to Courtney's relief. They presented their project and they got an A. Now, Courtney's only problem was her paperwork. 

She opened her door to her apartment and expected a load of sheets to finish, since she expected Heather to quit after 15 or 20 pages. But she saw her desk empty. She started panicking. She thought of possible ways for them to disappear. A thief? The window? 

...

HEATHER!

Courtney should've knew. She knew she couldn't trust Heather, and yet she did. 

Her door opened, with Heather standing with a smirk. "You!" Courtney exclaimed, pointing her finger at Heather accusingly. Heather raised her brow at the sudden hostility. What did she do now? "Where are my forms?! What did you do with my forms?!" Courtney exclaimed, face reddening with anger.

Oh! So that's what's this was about. Heather rolled her eyes and smirked. She took several folders from the side of the door and smiled. "Don't you remember?" Heather stacked them all on the coffee table, glancing at Courtney to see her expression, "we made a deal, remember?"

Courtney rushed towards the pile and opened the folders, skimming through the papers. She gaped at Heather, who in return, smirked in triumph. "You... You finished it," Courtney muttered. 

Heather hummed in victory and satisfaction. "Now," Heather said, leaning on Courtney's brown couch, "about that favor..." 

Courtney's gratefulness disappeared as she looked at Heather with dull eyes. Of course. This is what she was going after. 

"What is it?" Courtney said, sounding exhausted. Heather smirked and replied, "I want you to go on a date with me."

Courtney didn't expect that. "What?" she asked. Heather rolled her eyes and replied, "I said I want you to go on a date with me."

"Like being a third wheel?" Courtney asked. "No," Heather said, "just you and me."

Heather walked towards the door and smiled at Courtney. "Next Saturday, 9 A.M., Beth's Café," Heather said as she walked towards the door. She put her hand on her door knob and wanted to laugh at Courtney's gaping expression. She winked at her, which in return, made Courtney blush. 

"See you there," Heather said as she finally closed the door. 

_______________________

Requested by @Youknow222   

Feel free to make requests! 

... If I know the series, movie, etc.