Dancing Feelings

A/N: You can all hate me later

_______________________

Sam groaned as she banged the door of her room. Another argument with her parents. Of course. She pulled out her phone from her pocket and called Danny. She waited for a minute but he didn't pick up. Her eyebrows furrowed as she tried to call Tucker. No answer either. 

She groaned in frustration. She threw the phone across from her, watching it slide on the floor. She sighed heavily, releasing some stress and then stood up. 

She walked to the corner of her bed and took out a black bag. She picked up her phone and stuffed it in her pocket. She opened the window and snuck out. 

She knows that her parents might have been proud of he, but having her parents' approval urging her to go on made her less motivated. She went into dark alleyways and a few short cuts here and there until she finally arrived at the dance studio. 

She checked the time and saw that classes must be over now so she had the studio all to herself. 

Yes, it is quite unbelievable. Sam Manson and ballet doesn't seem to fit together in the same sentence, unless it's a disagreement of course. She headed inside and smiled at the empty space. 

She dressed into her black leotard and white stockings. Yes, white. Quite unusual. And then she put on her black ballet shoes her grandma gave her. 

She felt lucky to have a grandma as kind and understanding as her own. With a family like hers, it was relieving knowing at least one close family member loved her for the way she is. 

She turned on her phone and played her favorite music track. She took a breath and made her position, and as soon as the music started to play, she closed her eyes and let her body move itself. 

This was her favorite hobby. She always had loved dancing, poetry, and anything artistic really. And if she can't put what she felt in words, she put it into steps instead. She first discovered her interest for ballet when she was in middle school. Nobody knows for she is too ashamed of actually being labeled as the entitled daughter of the Manson's. 

She let her body flow to the music. Each step had a meaning. Each turn, each pause, and each leap. They all had meanings that words could not express. 

The studio manager had let her use his studio to her benefit and promised to keep it a secret. 

She then remembered her parents' words. Her movements became more rapid as the music seemed to match. Her movements became strong and stiff, then she remembered her friends who supported her in so many ways her parents could never do. 

While Sam was dancing her heart out, she failed to notice the blonde staring out of the doorway, watching her every move. 

Star couldn't believe her eyes. THEE Sam Manson, doing ballet. Yeah, it really doesn't fit. She could see the tension in her movements as it slowly shifted to gentle movements once again. Star couldn't help but stare. 

The goth she had oftenly ridiculed with her so - called "best friend forever and ever" is dancing gracefully on the dance floor that she had danced upon. She could even say that Sam was 10x better than she did. 

Star wondered what brought Sam to dance those steps of hers. She could tell there was a story behind that. She could tell that behind that fierce mask Sam would wear is an ordinary girl who wished nothing more than to be accepted. She knows this because she, too, wanted to be accepted. That's why she hangs out with Paulina and the other A Listers. She would secretly help out the weak students that they would usually bully because she couldn't handle the guilt that was threatening her. 

The music stopped playing and Sam took a breath. She relaxed her stiff posture and looked at the mirror and smiled, seeing the fierce and strong-willed girl that she loved. But then, something caught her eye.

She turned around and her eyes widened at the sight of the blonde who was standing in the doorway. Her face flushed of embarrassment. How could she let herself get caught?! Especially to a school mate of hers! Not to mention to an A List. 

She didn't know what to do. She stuttered, "I-if you tell a-anyone-"

She was caught off with a smile that reached Star's face. It wasn't that taunting, teasing, or threatening smile she would show her victims. It was a smile of understanding. "Don't worry," she said, "I won't tell. I promise." 

Sam was speechless. She never had expected that from an A-lister. Star smile, with clear transparent sincerity in her aquamarine eyes. 

Star was about to exit the studio. But before she left, she said something foreign to Sam, foreign but sweet. And when she thought back to it, it made her heart flutter. 

"By the way," Star said, turning around, "don't worry what Paulina or anyone says. I think you're beautiful just the way you are." And she left.