Chapter 8: Preparation

...Man I am not good with doing stuff on time am I? Again, sorry about leaving you all in the dust, lots of things have been going on on my end, and I haven't had any time to write. I'm gonna try to get two more chapters out by the end of the week, but don't get your hopes too high up just in case. As always, Metal is my own OC, I do not own Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball Super, Dragon Ball GT, Dragon Ball Xenoverse, or Steven Universe.

Metal's POV

It's been a few days since I announced my plan, and everyone has been preparing. Turles and Broly have been training with each other, as well as Mira and Black. Fu has been doing some tests on me to try and calculate my power level. Let's just say, I owe him some new parts for his machines. I also decided to start training Spinel to help her harness ki. She's surprisingly a natural at it, and she was able to master flight in only a few hours. I also had Fu modify her rejuvenator, and he replaced the normal metal with lightweight katchintite, making it so the blade can cut through organic material.

The next day, she was able to shoot energy blasts without any problem, so we decided to spar for a bit. I won, of course, but she had me on my guard the entire time. We decided to take a break and I prepped some food for the both of us. While we were eating, everyone, besides Mira and Black, came in and I decided to make some pasta for everyone. While I was cooking, I could overhear Fu asking about Spinel's physiology and other stuff I didn't understand. Broly and Turles then interrupted Fu and questioned how powerful she was, and if they could fight her.

Thankfully, the pasta was done and I quickly told them all to shut up and give Spinel some space or I would give all their food to her. They mumbled an apology and I looked down at her and smiled she smiled back as I passed the food out to everyone. Mira and Black joined us later on and we all decided to talk about what's been going on in our lives. Apperently, all of them also had a grudge against Chronoa. She told Broly that he was an idiot and tried to lock him away, and tried to do the same thing to Turles when he asked her if he could find a planet to grow a new Tree of Might.

She still didn't trust Mira, Fu, and Black, and tried to send some assassins to kill them. These just gave me even more reasons to kill her. We all talked about some more miscellaneous topics, and I noticed that Spinel was getting more comfortable around everyone. I smiled at her and I looked at the clock and saw it was 6:00, so we all decided to head to bed since we had a big day tomorrow. Spinel and I went to our room and got changed into our nighttime clothes, and before we went to bed, she asked me a peculiar question.

"Why?" she asked me. "Why what?" I asked back, slightly confused. "Why did you save me when the traitors tried to shatter me. Why did you give me a new home. Why do any of this for me? I'm just a nobody." she cried out. I was shocked to say the least, but before I could answer, she continued, "When Pink promised me that she would come back, I believed her. When Steven said that he wasn't like Pink, I believed him. When the Diamonds came and told me that they loved and cared about me, I believed them. Every time I want to be with someone, they always stab me in the back and throw me away like I'm some broken toy. What makes you think that I should believe that you won't leave me like the others."

She finally broke down sobbing as I watched, still taking in what she said. I slowly got up and sat next to her, as I wrapped my arms around her as she immediately buried her head in my chest. "You know, I was actually wondering the same thing for a while after I met you. Why did you want to be friends with the likes of me, and why did I feel the need to protect you when something threatens you? It's because you and I are the same. We both want someone to love, and every time we open our hearts to someone, we get betrayed," I answered her in a soft voice.

I looked down at her and she looked back at me as I continued, "Spinel, for thousands of years I felt nothing but anger and sadness, and I had nobody who could relate with me. That was until I met you. When I first set my eyes on you, I felt something I haven't felt in a long time. Compassion. I didn't know it at first mind you, but when we were both just hanging out, I was starting to recognize it. When the mortals threatened to shatter you, I was absolutely horrified. When you came in to see me the night you stayed with me, I promised myself that I wouldn't let anything bad happen to you, and I intend to keep it until the end. I was scared that they would actually do it, and that I would break my promise. I hope that's enough to answer your question."

She still had tears in her eyes as I started to lean in closer, but she blinked them away as she also leaned in slightly. We both kissed and embraced each other as I could feel her wrap her arms around my torso. It felt like hours had passed by the time we stopped, and we were both smiling. We both climbed into bed as I once again wrapped my arms around her. We both smile at each other one more time as we drift to sleep.

Well, it's finally confirmed, they're both together at last. I hope this chapter kinda made up for being late, and I still praise each and every one of you for continuing to read this. As always, I will see you people next time.