Chapter 3: What Now?

7:10 AM
John POV
Infirmary

"Hey Doc."

"Don't "hey" me! Why are you here?"

"I'm injured."

"Injured?! How is that possible?! Weren't you done playing "cripple"? You sent so many students here. YOU MAKE MY A DAMN LIVING NIGHTMARE!!"

Aw shit. Here we go again. The doctor ranting while giving me a nightmarish stare.

"Look it's not my fault. It's theirs. They're the ones who deserve to beat up. Their attitudes and actions are the problem. Not me."

Doc came closer to me and got in my face.

""Not my fault? "Not my problem?"....."

He laid his hand on my shoulder. He had a firm grip.

"Get off me."

I shoved his hand away.

"Now you listen here you annoying brat! You need to get your act together and stop terrorizing the other students! You did this to yourself by pretending to be a cripple. You made yourself a target by trying to fight others while making yourself look weak.
It's your fault! It's ALL your fault!"

"Psh. I didn't come here for a lecture. I came to get healed up. Aren't you supposed to take care of students here?"

The doc turned away and started cursing. I believe I heard him say "fucking prick." He then turned back to me.

"Go find a bed and stay there. I'll give you a tonic."

Doctor Darren POV

Oh I will give you something alright!

......

Forget it. I don't need anymore headaches. Let me just help him so he can get out of my here.

John. For you to have all this power.....

To pretend you were weak and now attacking other students......

What is wrong with you? Why hasn't Vaughn done anything about this? What's his deal?

Hopefully one day. One day you will get some help...

7:50 AM
John POV
Headmaster's Office

"John what on earth has happened last night?"

"Forgive me headmaster. I just ran into some trouble."

"What kind of trouble? Who were you with?"

"I don't know who it was."

"You don't know? Was there anything you could distinguish?"

"No. The only thing I could saw was that the person looked like a demon."

"A demon. You mean to tell me it wasn't human?"

"No, it wasn't human to me."

The headmaster looked at me with his stern green eyes. I had a hard time telling him what actually happened.

I don't think he would've believed me that a little girl could become a monster. He would also be mad that I brought a stranger into my apartment.

"Headmaster. I came to not only report of the incident but to ask if I could have my apartment repaired."

"Are you crazy? Why would you want to spend one more night there? You could still be targeted."

"I am aware of the dangers, sir. I just prefer to stay in the same apartment. I have gotten used to.I would have preferred to stay in the house that you moved me out."