Chapter 4: Rescue?

12:45 AM
John POV
Abandoned Facility

I had my jolker attire on. I went to the area where they were showcasing Eir earlier, only to find out that she had been moved. I heard from someone else that she was going to be shipped off and they placed her in the rundown building on the edge of town. I headed off that way and almost ran into two hooded guys. I decided to follow them and they led me to the place where she was.

I stopped following them and hid in a bush outside of the entrance. I needed to scout the area before I go in. The place was as expected. They were several people guarding the front. There were others of the same kind that were on each corner of the place. There was also men on top and a few patrolling the area at a time.

Okay. There's no need to panic. All I need is to get one of them to use their ability and go from there. It would've been nice to have an ability before hand but right now I don't have any friends. Man.

I sneaked around the outer perimeter of the place, doing my best to stay out of sight. I went to the back, checking to see if they was less men there. At the back there was about the same amount of men. There was one big difference though. The guys at the back were more laid-back. I bet they think that since they got the back, they don't have to be on guard all the time. Big mistake.

There were two guys that were messing around near me. This is the best chance I'll ever get. I got closer, went in position and pounced on the nearest one. I landed on the guy and went for the neck. I wanted the other to panic and use his ability. I also wouldn't have minded if the guy I held used his.

"Hey get away from him!"

The other threw fire at me. It seems like everyone in this group only knows fire. I got off the one below me and jumped out of the way. Good. I now had his ability to use.

"Why you! Do you really think you're going to get away with this?"

"Yep."

After saying that, I exerted the most fire I could muster and made a giant ball of fire.

"You should probably run now."

I threw it right at them. Both of the guy's screamed in terror right before being engulfed in the flames. Their screaming got the other's attention. I could hear the others heading my way.

"Did something happened?"

"What's going on over there?"

"Quick! We need to check it out!"

I went to hide in the bushes.

"Good. Now while they all are coming over here. It'll be easy now to get in. I raced for the entrance as I fast as I could without being detected. That was the way door that led into inside the building.

Fuck!

At the last second, I hid around the corner. It looked like half of the men at the front were still there, armed. I was lucky enough that the two I had ambushed didn't out much of a fight. It looks like I have to use brute force to get in.

Wait. There is another way. When I looked up, feeling annoyed of the current situation, I saw the roof. There are less guys on the roof. If I could get up there, I'm sure I get in that way. Let's try it.

I exerted fire from my hands and aimed down. With all my might, I blasted the ground, aiming to propel myself to the roof. I managed to lift off and I went to grab the top of edge of roof. Whew. That was close. Had I not grabbed the edge, I would have fallen back down.

I supported myself up and planted my feet on the roof. All three guys then looked my direction.

One fired a fire blast at me while the other two were heading towards me from the left and right. I used the same technique earlier and went over the incoming blast. I then went to the one on the left and heel smashed his face. The other one who tried to attack me tried to punch me but I blocked it. I kneed him which sent him over the building.
One left to go.