Chapter 12: Help?

8:00 PM
Arlo POV
Arlo's Apartment

Another day, another migraine. Heh migraine.

I was in my living room, reading my favorite murder mystery novel. I enjoy these stories. Mainly due to the fact that it feels great to figure out the culprit first. I continued to read in order to past the time when I heard a knock at my door. It must be a solicitor. I ignored it and continued to read. The knocking would continue. At that point I was at my limit.

Who could it be at this hour? I opened the door.

"Remi? Isen? What do you possibly need this hour?"

"We need your help Arlo."

"Blyke is missing."

!!

"Blyke's missing? How could that be?"

I let them inside. I needed to get to the bottom of this.

"Explain yourselves. When did you nticie that Blyke was missing."

"I-I found out this afternoon. I thought that Blyke you know, was training."

"What have you that idea?"

"Blyke was obsessed about the future of the school. He kept telling me that we both needed to take responsibility and that he wanted to get stronger."

"I don't see the problem. We had a talk about that topic. Blyke wasn't confident with himself. He was worried that he wasn't good enough to carry the load of being a king, a leader for the school. I admit I'm a bit surprised he hasn't told you his whereabouts but I'm sure that he should be back. He's strong."

I ensured Isen that Blyke was fine but he nervously shook his head.

"No that's not it. I know that Blyke is not going to come back. We saw on his laptop and found out what he was doing."

"What was he doing?"

I wanted answers but Remi was struggling to stand in place. She was also visibly shaken.

"What's wrong with you two? Out with it! Tell me Isen, what did you find?"

"W-we found out h-he was being a s-superhero. He was searching up criminals to take d-"

"WHAT?! BLYKE IS ONE OF THOSE RIDICULOUS VILGILANTES?! HOW COULD YOU LET HIM GET AWAY?! AREN'T YOU BEST FRIENDS WITH HIM?!"

Isen put his head down and I heard Remi sobbing up behind me.

I can't believe this. The hierarchy has been overtaken, chaos is run amok in Wellston, and now, my successor has been killed?!

I was furious to think. I threw the book in my hands and threw it out the window. I lost my composure and cracked the wall.

What is wrong with you people? Why is everyone around me stupid? Why is this happening?

"A-Arlo we need you. We need you to come with us."

"Remi's r-right. We believe that Blyke is still out there, needing help. I think it would be best to head to the city where Blyke last sent to."

I went up to Isen and grabbed him by his neck. I couldn't believe what he was suggesting.

"Are you insane? You want to go out there and get killed?!"

Isen was trying to make me release my hand from his neck. I then turned to Remi.

"Don't tell me you want to go too?"

"Yes I do. Blyke is my friend. If he's out there, I will save him. If there is a chance that he's alive, I'll take it."