Chapter 22: Thoughts?

John POV

"j....jo....john....John.....JOHN!"

I quickly woke up. It was Eir! She's in trouble. I stumbled out of bed and immediately went to her room.

"Eir? Are you okay?"

I didn't see her on the bed. Usually she would be sleeping at this time.

Frantic, I rushed inside and looked into the closet. I remember one time she used to hide in the closet during hide and seek. She wasn:t there either.

WHERE IS SHE?!!!!

"Aw crap did she run away? Why would she do that? What did I do wrong? I have to-"

"John!"

"GAH!"

I was surprised to find out who was there, standing right in front of me. She was holding a tray which had pancakes that appears to be slightly burnt, apples that seemed to be cut a little poorly, and a cup of orange juice which had a mark on it.

"Sorry. I-I didn't mean to scare you. I made you breakfast."

Eir, very cautiously gave the tray to me. She then put her head down.

"P-please Enjoy!"

I didn't know what to say. First off this arrangement seems a bit weird and shady. Second is that I thought I would have to run around town to find her again.

I let out a sigh of relief.

"Thanks Eir. I'm sure this would be delicious."

She gave me a huge smile.

"You're welcome."

I admit I felt a bit flustered. She's too nice at times. Sure, she can be a little troll but she's good, I just know it.

"Uhm Eir?"

"Huh?"

"Why did you go and make me breakfast?"

She gave me a frown.

"Today is the day."

"What day?"

"You're work day!"

Eir seemed a bit frustrated. Work day? What does she mean by that?

.......

Aw SHIT!!!!

I'm supposed to go and meet up with the boss for my job!

I looked at the clock and I felt my soul leave me.

I only have 30 minutes!!! I'm not even dressed yet!

"Eir why didn't you wake me earlier?"

"I tried waking you up but you wouldn't wake up."

It's okay John. Deep breaths.

I'll have you guys know that I have been trying to....not be John. Wait that didn't sound right.

Hold up! Let me think damn it! Aw that's not I meant. Why is this so hard?

Eir has been trying to get me to calm down more ever since our little beef we had when playing Pig Royale.

Flashback:

"Why is this game so dumb? That freaking Giant Pig keeps ignoring those small piglets!"

"John the giant only attacks towers."

"Why though? He should mop the floor with those little shits!"