Chapter 21

Narrator POV

After being healed by Elaine, Arlo stared at his opponent. Despite the fact that one of his hands is missing almost all of his fingers, he still felt confident about victory.

Blyke charged headfirst at Arlo at an alarming speed, using the momentum he gathered from shooting energy beams through his feet.

Arlo took position and set up a barrier around him.

CRACK!

The barrier broke as Arlo took damage. Blyke showed no sign of stopping as he put out his hands towards Arlo's face.

BAM!

Arlo responded with setting up another barrier around himself.

This time his barrier stood as Blyke was unprepared for a second shield. His body violently crashed against the barrier, shaking tremendously in response to the pain he was inflicted.

Seeing his opportunity, Arlo kicked Blyke who was struggling to get up.

After kicking Blyke a few feet away, Arlo set up his trap around him. The barrier continued to shrink until Blyke was on his knees with his face to the ground.

Arlo POV

Now I have him where I want him.

"I don't know what has gotten into you but you need to learn your place."

I received no response.

"Wake Up! This isn't you. You wouldn't turn on Remi, Isen. The people who are you friends!"

Still no response.

"If you're not the real Blyke you better start talking. Otherwise you'll be crushed in an instant."

I lowered my barrier. The further I went, the more I could see his bones aching in pain as they were starting to dislocate.

Say something! I don't want to crush him until I get some answers!

The other thing that is bothering me is that this person has a really strong output on his energy attacks. To be able to smash through my barrier more than once with ease, that is no simple task. Despite taking damage earlier from smashing into my barriers, this guy showed no signs of slowing down. This guy's a freak. He could probably break out if it now, given the chance. I need to hurry.

"No answer? Well then."

I was about to lower the barrier further until    I heard a voice call out to me.

"Arlo! That's enough!!"

"Remi?"

Pinky appeared behind me in good condition I looked around to see where Elaine was and saw her healing Isen.

"Why are you crushing Blyke? Can't you see he is going to break any second?"

"We don't know for sure if this is Blyke. He could be an impostor."

"And what if it isn't? This could be Blyke!"

She's right. We can't confirm until this guy speaks up.

"Alright what do you suggest we do? Just wait around for him to make up his mind to speak to us? This could be a trap. We could be endangering ourselves if we wait too long."

"No that's not it. I..."

Blyke POV

*Huff* *Huff* *wheeze*

"Too Weak..."

POW!

I am trying my best to contain this damn monster inside my head. This black creature keeps on beating me down over and over.