Chapter 16: Struggle?

John POV

"You're on bitch!"

I was ready to fight but then she raised her hand.

"Before we fight, let's exchange greetings. My name is Volcan. What is your name?"

?

Really? She wants to know my fucking name? Like hell I will tell her!

"My name is Joker. I came here to personally end you and everyone in this shit group!"

"Why? What have we done to you?"

"That's none of your damn business. I'm just here settle the score. Consider this my revenge."

"So that's why. You remind me of those vilgilantes. They always seem to think they're fighting for justice and all but in the end it's a waste of time. All they're doing is offering their necks to me on a silver platter. It doesn't what reason it is. Revenge or justice. It doesn't mean nothing."

"So I take it you're the one who kills heroes? Just for your sick entertainment?"

"No. It's not for entertainment. It's for data. We give value to their lives. They help with our research and we in turn give them peace. Eternal peace."

I was pissed. These are the type I can't stand. They view everyone below them as garbage. They abuse their power and continue to hurt. I know how it feels to be mistreated and bullied. I also know it feels to hurt.

"Listen here asshole. You're fucking dead! I can't wait to tear you-"

!!

The lady in black was gone in a flush. The next thing I saw was blue next to me. I also saw fire for a second.

Crap. My side was hurting. I looked at my right side and I saw claw marks. They were burned my clothing and my skin. Blood was starting to come out.

"How did you?"

"I took advantage of your lack of focus. You have a lot to learn."

I may be hurt by now I have your ability! I activated it and created fire claws on each hand. I dashed towards her. She dodged out of the way and continued to keep her distance away from me."

"So you can copy abilities? Interesting. Could you be?"

"Be what?"

"No nevermind. You're strong. I sincerely mean that. Most would've panicked and would have tried to escape. You did the opposite."

She turned her back to me.

"I want to show you something. It may benefit you."

?!

This lady wants to show me something! In the middle of the fight? What was she planning?

"The complex your own is an old slaughterhouse. We took this place and renovated it ourselves. We had this place separated into three sections. Right now we are in the back corridor. Most of the guards reside in the front. The middle is the smallest part and it's the entrance to our underground bunker."

".....Why are you telling me this?. What's your purpose?"

"I'm telling you this because you have intrigued me. I believe that you have some relation to us."

!!

"What the fuck are you talking about!! There's no way I would be close with you bastards. You're just fucking with me!"

"If you don't believe me, how about you.see for your myself? Come follow me."

.....

She had me confused. She wants to help the enemy out by giving them info. It was obvious that this was a trap but my gut feeling was telling me otherwise. It wanted me to go. Fuck! Let's see where this is going. Hopefully she will lead me to more of them and I can knock their heads off.