Akward silence

Komaru's POV

I wake up next to Toko. So she did sleep, that's good. She's so close...it's kind of weird. Seeing we're only friends....if only we could be more. I never really understood my feelings until not to long ago. The others told me it was love. I was in love with my best friend. Though, it was strange for me to accept it. I mean it would make sense of why she means everything to me. Being around her is calming, I find her so interesting, and just....her. It was strange for me because I'd never felt this way before. I didn't care to much about it. I mean she said she was over Byakuya. Do I have a chance? No. No way, she's straight right? I can't think things like this or I'd end up cocky to my guts. I sit up from her bed. The sun shines brightly in my eyes. It sort of hurts. But if Toko likes it that way, I guess I can't complain. Should I wake her up? I mean she stayed up really late. I should just let her get more sleep. I get up from her bed and try not to wake her up. I turns around. Her eyes slightly open. SH- I quietly sprint to her. "Komaru..?" Toko asks confused. Wait I thought she can't see without her glasses. "How can you see me?" I ask playfully. "I'm not stupid Komaru. Through my eyes you're a big blur." Toko groans. She try's to reach for her glasses, but I slap her hand. "Hey!" She shouts loudly, she immediately jerks back her hand. "You need sleep!" I demand. I never liked the fact that Toko didn't like to take care of herself. It was always a big problem with her. Though she wouldn't need much help, she just needs to be drifted in the right direction. She groans, "Aren't you forgetting about something?" Forgetting? She sighs and reaches for her glasses again. This time I don't smack her hand. She sits up and rubs her eyes a little more and looks at me with a face that screams "You're an idiot".

I wonder what she's thinking about. What does she mean by forgetting? Her dead serious look and the fact she said I forgot something made my head spin. I stared at her trying to let her know I didn't know. "Whatever, it's best if you don't remember anyway." She gets up and starts heading towards the door. By her tone I can clearly tell that she's disappointed, but she won't tell me why. As she walks out I get up too. If she's going to metion it, then why won't she tell me? Forming a curiosity in me to only have it grow larger and larger for all the things she won't tell me. Sounds like a line from a cheesy romance movie. I laugh to myself a bit. Imagine being in a cheesy romance movie...wouldn't it be paradise? Knowing the one you love loves you back? Though, I guess like in movies you wouldn't really know you would just...happen to like each other. Honestly, the thought of living in a romance movie kind of freaks me out. Imagine everything you think of was on a script. I get chills picturing it. It takes me a while to realize I was swing my feet back and forth. How long have I been sitting here? I hop up on my feet and walk towards the door. I feel like today is going to be a good day. I walk to Toko's kitchen to see her chugging a bottle of water.

"Um, Toko?" I ask looking side ways, "What are you doing?" She stops and puts the bottle back down. Why was she chugging a water bottle? What kind of question is that? How would you answer that question? Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if she tried dodging the question or maybe shouldn't have ask. "Komaru! Don't scare me!" She coughs while wiping her mouth. I scratch the back of my head. "Sorry." I reply trying not to upset her. "So Komaru, did you remember yet?" She asks while putting the cap back on. "No, and I have no clue what you're talking about either!" I pout, I was use to Toko not telling me stuff, but at this point it kind of felt unfair.

Toko face palms. That's one way to tell me. We talk for a little bit and Toko's phone suddenly rings. "Why..." Toko mutters, who's calling? She sounds upset, disappointed, and scared. Those are three emotions that don't mix well. Toko holds up the phone to her ear and answers. "H-hello?" Toko stutters, she doesn't stutter much anymore so it must be something. I watch as her expression changes from scared to nothing. "He-" she puts her finger over my mouth then walks to the other room. Is it that bad? I can't tell anymore. Her last expression was plain. Nothing at all. Like how Kyoko and Byakuya are calm, it's that kind of expression. Not sad, mad, nor happy. Just nothing. I wait a for a few minutes and make myself some toast. Though I would prefer to cook, Toko doesn't have much around here since she normally skips breakfast. I wanna check, but I feel like she might want to be alone for this.

She walks back in, face plain as ever. I quickly walk up to her. "Hey Toko...? Are you ok?" I put my hand on her shoulder. She doesn't speak. We're left with an akward silence that I can't even break. She lets out a cold sigh turns around, facing me. The silence is so...intense! It's weird how we just share looks. What is she thinking of? What's going on in her mind? Why won't she speak? As much as I would love to get answers, I know I can't force her out of her comfort zone. We normally go through things slowly together. I don't know what she's sees me as, but I hope it's what I think of her. I can't force an opinion on someone who's not willing to change...or...can't. I take my hand off her shoulder and grab the end of my shirt. The silence is killing me. An endless silence filled with thoughts, worries, and starring. "Toko...?"