Confession

Komaru's POV

I did it...I really did. The option I was scared of picking...I actually did it. I can't even believe myself. My heart won't stop pounding. I can't think straight..

I kissed Toko.

I want to do it again, but I won't force it. Toko stares at me in pure shock. "Why.." she puts her hands on her lips and her faces turns to a deep shade of red. "Because you're beautiful Toko." she sparks up and looks into my eyes, I can't believe this is happening. "But I...Komaru what about.." Toko stutters a bit, trying to figure out her choice of words.

"What about what? Nothing matters to me right now besides you." I could tell she liked the way I said that, her face was burning at this point. She tried to hide her smile, although it failed. "Komaru...what are you saying..?" Toko stares at me in a shocked and scared kind of way. "Well...I guess you could say I like you." I laugh trying not to make it to awkward.

"Komaru I don't even...God damn it.." Toko scratches her head in frustration, why's she upset? Maybe she doesn't like me..I knew it. I never should've opened up my big mouth and told her the truth about the whole thing. She'll never like me, what was I thinking? It's only a fantasy, she likes men and that's-

"Why did you make me feel like this?" Her words echoed in my ears. I made her feel something? Feel like what? Did I annoy her? "What do you mean? Was it a bad feeling?" I ask trying not to sound annoying. "Bad? Of course not! It's just that.." her words trail off into nothingness so I couldn't understand. "It's just that..?" she stares at me a bit scared.

"WellIthinkyou'rereallycuteandprettyandcharmingandalloftheabove.Imeanit'ssurpisingthatyouaren'tdatingsomeonelike-"

"What." I stare in shock and confusion, she isn't normally like this. I'm actually kind of impressed. She sits in silence and fiddles with her fingers. "Um...Komaru I really...uh." Toko had trouble speaking and was burning up badly, I could tell by just looking at her. "I didn't really wanna come out this way...it's not your fault though.." Toko sighs in disappointment, a frown falls on her face and she's looks scared.

"Come...out?" I repeat confused, what did she mean? Come out about what? That she likes me? That she hates me? I don't get it. "Come out about what?" I ask and she pauses before speaking again. "Komaru I..I'm into girls Komaru. Well, girls AND guys." As she said those words my heart immediately started pounding. "And the girl I'm into is...well you should already know who." Her face flushed red making her look uncomfortable.

"Who's the girl?" I ask, I have a feeling I'm making her uncomfortable. Toko stares at me for a second, her face goes pale. "You're not serious are you?" Toko gives me a dead serious look, it's intimidating to say the least. "Uh...yes..?" I start to feel myself shaking, I don't like rejection. I've never been in love with someone before...I haven't even been in a relationship!

Toko gives me a deep sigh before turning red again. "It's you...you idiot." Toko says, somehow without stuttering. She likes me? What? This can't be right, I know she said she likes girls but..why me? I'm an idiot! Well, not completely.

"Me? But why?" My heart pounds. "You r-really are an idiot..you're amazing! Who wouldn't l-like someone l-like you..?" Her voice starts to get shaky, I can tell she's scared. "Well now that you've said your response..what does this make us?" The question repeats in my head, now what? I want to be close with her, no matter how close.

"I-I know, but I don't think we have to ask.." Toko's eyes begin to water and the fireflies' light shines through her eyes. "Are you crying?" I ask putting my hand on her cheek, is she upset? "W-Well..w-what does it l-look like? I've never b-been like this b-before." she manages to give me a little laugh while smiling. "Well you won't have to cry anymore.." I wipe her tears with my thumb and take my hand off her face.

"Heh..y-you're still a-an idiot." I laugh a little bit, I start to cry a bit too. "Well, so I guess we're dating now?" I ask still a bit confused. "And you still make everything awkward." Toko laughs through her tears of joy, causing me to do the same. I wrap my arms around her softly.

"I love you Toko."

"I love you too."