Bugs

Komaru's POV:

I wasn't used to something like this. I wasn't into bugs or anything like that. I against the whole idea, but I'm not going to say no to her. She told me a lot about Kameko, and how much it meant to her. I told her it wasn't healthy to be friends with an insect and believe things that you know are lies. It took a while, but she soon got over it. I feel guilty for changing the way she sees Kameko.

We headed to a forest kind of area. It was kind of dark, but we managed to see with the moonlight. I quickly held Toko's hand as soon as it got darker. We walk around for a few minutes before seening little greens lights. "Komaru! L-Look!" Toko sounds excited, her hands tighten in mine. "They look like...fireflies?" I stare at the small bugs flying everywhere. "I-I've never gotten to see it in person!" Toko let's go of my hand and runs to the bugs.

"Toko Wait-"

Toko cups her hands and closes it. She runs back to me and her smile grows. "Look Komaru! I caught one!" Toko says while trying to keep her hands around the bug, I smile back at her. "That's great!" I respond, it's weird to see her like this. So she still likes bugs, maybe her passion is still stuck on her, I thought. Toko opens up her hands and the firefly comes flying out. "You should try it Komaru." She looks back at me, she wants me to do it?

"No, it's alright. I want you to have fun and-" Toko frowns and looks the other way. I hear a sad sigh come out of her. She seems upset...

"Fine, I'll try." I give in, she looks back at me glad. I walk around the bugs staring at the bright light come from them. It's almost blinding if I get to close. "Move your arms out like this." She grabs my wrists and moves them upwards, my heart starts to pound. I like seeing her like this...it's so different. I blush and wait for her to let go.

"Then, cup your hands. After you cup them, just throw them up." Toko explains, I didn't know she was this passionate about bugs. She shows me by throwing out her cupped hands and closing them. "Then you let them go." She opens out her hands and smiles at me. She makes it look simple, I hope it is though.

I did as she showed, I put up my hands and cup them. I throw them up and try to catch something. "You got it?" Toko asks looking down at my hands. "I don't know.." I say unsure, I never did this before. Toko puts her hands over mine and opens them slowly. A small bug comes out and flies away.

"See? Once you do it a few more times it gets exciting." Toko starts doing it some more, taking her hands off mine. Maybe I should try something here...

Flirting? No, Toko hates pick-up lines. What if I just asked her?- No way, Im such an idiot. "Hey Komaru..what's wrong?" Toko let's go of a bug then looks back at me. "Nothing! I'm just thinking.." I mumble hoping she only heard the first part.

"Komaru, you know I don't like when you lie."

I get the chills, did her voice just get deeper? My faces flushes red and I try to come up with an excuse. "Well, I guess you could say I'm planning for Makoto's birthday!" I force a smile, Toko doesn't buy it. "Komaru, you brother's birthday already pasted. I was forced to celebrate it." She sighs a bit disappointed.

"Just tell me what's wrong." Toko's face began to change, her light smile was gone and her expression seemed more upset. "What if we kissed right now." I mumble to myself, her face goes red. I said that out loud sh-

"Why can't we?" She asks looking away. What? Wasn't she- I can't seem to figure out what to say but...why did I say that out loud? "Actually, you probably wouldn't want to...with a disgusting pig like me." Toko's expression changes again, this time it's more sad. She isn't a pig, she never has been and she never will be. I wanted to tell her that she was none of those things, but I know she wouldn't listen.

"Well I-"

"You don't have to tell me...I already know.."

I start to boil up. I'm not going to just sit here and watch her talk bad about herself. How does she not understand how pretty she is? Even just looking at her is enough to make a lesbian's heart race! I can't take it anymore, I can't tell her but I don't want her stuck like this.

I grab her hands and kiss her.

I'm sorry this is a short chapter, I'll work on it more on the weekend. I know that this is probably not like Toko at all, but I like the thought of softy Toko. Also, Toko isn't stuttering as much or calling Komaru 'Omaru' because this story takes place when they get more comfortable with each other. So yeah, enjoy this until I make another chapter. :)