13. Just remember about it

A week has passed since Charles talked with his mother for the last time. He was still thinking about the woman Alice had seen with FP. It was bothering him for the past days, but he hadn't spoken with his father about it yet. It would kill his father to know that Alice wanted to give him a chance but she changed her mind while seeing him with another woman.

FP kept himself busy working. He had taken a double shift for the past week and returned home only to get some sleep. It was easier for him to avoid Alice than seeing her glowing because of some jerk named Jake, who showed up suddenly and ruined his hope for him being with Alice together again.

FP was doing his best to forget about her, but it was impossible. Even though he had been working about 12 hours per day he was still brooding about what if she gave him a chance so Charles decided not to ask him about that woman.

The more Charles was trying to solve this conundrum alone, the more he was getting mad at himself because he hadn't got any results yet. It was driving him insane and giving him sleepless nights.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Caroline showed up with Chinese takeout smirking at Charles. It was easy to guess that he was trying to solve the problem he hadn't share with her lately.

Charles hadn't told her about the whole situation because it was related to his parent's deeply screwed-up relationship. He had no idea that Caroline was the one he had been looking for the past days.

"I'm the worst FBI agent and it sucks." They both know it's not true. Charles was one of the best agents in this area, but he was slowly giving up on himself because of his parent's case.

"I was inefficiently trying to find a girl, who changed my mother's mind to give my father another chance." Caroline raised her eyebrow in confusion. The last time she spoke to FP it seemed to her like he was about to get together with Alice.

"She saw him around two weeks ago hugging a young girl. That's all I know." Charles confessed to unpacking his already cold Chinese. After a while of searching through her mind, Caroline remembered when she had bumped into him at Pop's.

"Shit." She accursed closing her eyes when Charles glanced at her suspiciously. She was the one person in the whole FBI who's never used such words to express her feelings.

"Charles, I'm the one you are searching for." She confessed shyly looking at him almost choking out. It was the second time this month when a woman has almost killed him.

"I came to Pop's to order out daily meals and bumped into FP. We talked for a while and he thanked me for bringing Alice home. That's all." He was staring at her processing her words. His friend was the bone of contention between his parents.

"Wait, so that's all? You only talked with him?" Charles watched her nodded and smiling at him. In this whole shitty situation, it was the best he could hear right now.

"Maybe it's not too late." He stood up from his desk kissing Caroline on her cheek and stormed out of their office. He was going to save his parents love.

***

Alice went out of the shower and slowly applied body lotion all over her body. Her hands were running up and down her thighs and slowed a little bit when she placed them on her breasts.

She bit her bottom lip playfully while all of her shameless thoughts were driving her crazy. She had been missing a men's touch for so long and her body screamed to be taken care of.

She put her favorite green robe on once she finished fantasizing about being touched by someone. She was searching through her lingerie to pick up a proper one for tonight's date with Jake.

It was his last day in Riverdale before going back to LA for a few weeks. Their relationship was getting serious and she was about to show him that she wants to take another step.

Alice was searching through all of her lace lingerie and suddenly her smile faded as she found the one that was her favorite. The black lace panties and beautiful bra matching to them. She had been wearing them when she showed at FP's trailer to apologize to him.

She remembered exactly the way he had drugged her panties off of her painfully slow. The way he had been teasing her with his kisses all over her thighs. The way he was making her scream his name loudly.

She put the lingerie back to the drawer choosing to wear another one. She picked up a smooth baby blue bra and matching panties while smirking to herself.

"Mom?" Betty entered the room and raised her eyebrow when she saw her mother holding the chic lingerie. Alice had told her about Jake, but she hadn't thought that they are that close.

"Elisabeth, you should've knocked on the damn door before entering my bedroom." Betty rolled her eyes hearing her mother's annoyed voice. Nobody couldn't change her sassy character.

It was something different about her and Betty noticed that. She was more nervous and stressed after coming back home from work. She had been locking her room door and was sitting inside all alone only coming out to eat something, purred herself a glass of wine, or to meet with Jake.

Betty was worried about her mom. She hadn't seen her like this even after Hal had been arrested. When Alice had an affair with FP, she was smiling more often than ever. She seemed to be happier back then than she was now.

"Which one should I put on today?" Alice reached for two dresses and showed them to her daughter. She picked the random one not looking at them at all.

"Are you going to come back home after dinner or not really?" There was something strange about Jake that Betty didn't like. She couldn't explain what's going on in her head but she didn't want her mother to go to bed with him.

"Yes, I will be back for the night." Alice rolled her eyes and smirked to herself. She was going to come home tonight but she wasn't about to be back alone.

"Do you remember when we had a mother-daughter talk about sex?" Alice nodded and sat down onto the bed next to Betty. It was one of the most important tasks for her.

She wanted her daughter to be 100 percent sure she is doing it with the right person, the person that she loves and trusts. She had told Betty to listen to her heart and follow it.

"I want you to remember that you may think that you want to have sex with this guy, but it could turn out to be the biggest mistake because you aren't sure if you love him." Alice's opened her mouth to respond, but she didn't get a chance.

"Just remember about it." Betty said and went out of her mother's room closing the door behind her and leaving her speechless.

Alice lied herself on the bed thinking about Betty's words. Even if it was just about sex, she shouldn't do it when she is not sure about her feelings. Maybe she was right? Maybe this was just about her need to be taken care of? Maybe Jake isn't the one for her?