29. Say something

FP put his glasses off once he finished filling all of the paperwork he needed to do. Charles was sitting at the desk opposite his father's and closed his laptop taking the last sip of his already cold coffee.

It was a rough day for both of them. Even though FP should have a day off and the amount of work they had to do was huge, he enjoyed spending some time with his son alone.

"I'm starving. Would you like to go to Pop's after this shitty day?" Charles tiredly asked his father right before he yawned. It was one of the craziest weeks he had at work lately and he decided to slow down and take a few days off so that he could chill a little bit.

"Actually, I promised Alice to go back home as soon as possible. Could you see if she texted me?" FP asked his son, pointing at his phone which was lying at Charles's desk plugged into the charger.

"Jeez, now I know why you had your phone muted." Charles's eyes winded when he was scrolling down the screen looking at the number of unanswered calls from Alice and Jellybean. FP rolled his eyes and sighed quietly.

"Shit, she is going to kill me." FP murmured once he glanced at the clock on the office wall. He was working so hard all day, that he didn't even have a chance to take a break or check the time.

"Who? My mother?" Charles said raising his eyebrow and laughed immediately when he saw his father nodded. He was out about for five hours and it wouldn't be anything bad if he hadn't promised her to help in the garden.

FP had to admit, that the things between them became less complicated after they had explained everything to each other and now he was trying to di his best not to fuck up or let her down again. Despite their fight about JB, everything seemed to be good between them and it was all that mattered to him.

"You should better get going." Charles smiled at his father who simply nodded ad stood up from the chair and started to pack all of the necessary documents to his briefcase glancing at Charles, who winked at him.

Although he promised Alice to spend some time alone with her before their kids will come back from their holidays and in JB's case from Toledo FP didn't want to left his son on his own. He had been on his own for the past 27 years and it was his opportunity as a parent to reward it to him.

"I had an idea. What if we will order Pop's for the three of us and eat it on Elm Street?" FP raised his eyebrow while chuckling a little seeing Charles nodded at his words, smiling even wider than before.

They didn't want to waste their time, so they packed the rest of their belongings and rushed towards the door. Neither FP nor Charles had any idea, that they weren't to have dinner for three but for four. They didn't know, just not yet.

***

Alice was setting the table when she felt a pain in her chest again and forced herself to stand up straight holding the edge of a table. She bit her bottom lip to not to scream and tried to regulate her breath as calmly as she could. After a few inhales and exhales she felt better and carefully reached for another glass o finish her work.

To be honest, the pain wasn't as sharp as it had been a few times before, but still, she had no clue what's going on and needed to check if she is fine even faster than she thought. She was glad, that JB was upstairs taking a shower after a long way back home. Alice didn't want Jellybean to freak out while seeing her being in such a pain.

Meanwhile, FP and Charles got into the house holding three packages with their usual's from Pop's. Their laughs filled the room once they entered it smiling beamingly at each other.