20. Yeah, I'm okay

Alice opened her eyes slowly when she felt the soft touch on her cheek. She had been sleeping as a baby cuddled into FP's chest for the rest of the night. He was tenderly brushing her hair still holding her close to him.

She raised her head just a little to face him and they giggled at the same time, glancing at each other. For both Alice and FP, it was another step towards getting back together, for good this time.

"Good morning," Alice mumbled quietly running her palm up and down his torso. FP responded placing his lips on hers in a soft kiss. Everything about his touch was so familiar and felt even better than she remembered.

They were crushing their lips together again and again, letting their tongues dance with each other. FP deepened the kiss and didn't notice Jellybean, who was standing on the stairs glancing at them.

It was the first time she's seen her father sharing such an intimate moment with another woman. Obviously, she had seen their parents kissing back in the days they had been living together in Riverdale, but he had never seemed to be as glowing as he was with Alice.

She quietly walked upstairs not wanting to interrupt them. Closing the door behind her back she realized, that she was feeling uncomfortable seeing her dad kissing a woman, who wasn't her mother. Even if Alice was that woman.

Of course, things between her parents were over, but in fact, they were still married and FP was cheating on Gladys with her. It was too overwhelming for JB, but she decided to try not to show her feelings too openly and went downstairs again.

She walked down the stairs and to her surprise, neither FP nor Alice were lying on the couch. Jellybean carefully made her way into the kitchen and saw Alice drinking her morning coffee.

"Is everything alright? You seem upset," she asked the girl once she grabbed the bottle of milk from the fridge. Everything was fine. Maybe except the fact, that the woman sitting just right next to her was sleeping with her dad.

At the very beginning, Jellybean had been thinking, that it wouldn't be so hard for her to accept the fact, that he is dating someone else than Gladys. Now, she was feeling like Alice would replace her mother and that thought was driving her mad.

"Yeah, I'm okay." She responded sitting down at the table to eat her cereals. FP walked into the kitchen holding a newspaper on his hand looking at the news section.

"I was thinking, that it would be nice to spend a family evening today. I will cook something and we could watch a movie. What do you think?" Alice asked them hoping, that they will agree to organize a family dinner.

After the nightmare, she needed to spend some time with her family just to make sure everything is alright with them. She was supposed to call Charles anyway, but she wanted to invite him to come over.

"Actually..." Jellybean started, but FP interrupted her immediately grinning like a fool hearing Alice's proposition.

"We are in, right JB?" He responded quickly and glanced at his daughter, who smiled in confusion nodding slowly. She stood up and placed the bowl into the sink before going back to her room.

"I will call Charles," Alice informed FP who was taking another sip of his coffee. He was happy to see her glowing in a way she had used before going on the farm. Everything was getting better for them.

***

Alice was standing next to the counter wearing an apron on her clothes to not get dirty while preparing dinner. FP walked towards her placing his hands on her shoulders to gain her attention.

"Maybe it's not a too romantic moment, but I would like to ask you something." He smirked watching her slow movements to put the knife she was holding onto the counter.

"Alice, will you go for a date with me?" She laughed a little while hearing his invitation. She glanced at him and realized, that he was serious.

They've never had a real date. In high school, they had been just spending time together, and before she joined the cult it had been just about having fun and a lot of good sex.

"Well, I can't say no to you, Sheriff." She smirked and teased him a little seeing him smiling brightly at her words. FP placed a soft peck on her cheek and walked towards the door once he heard someone is knocking.

Charles greeted his father and went deeper into the house. Once Alice saw her son, she threw everything she was holding in her palms on the counter and came closer to him wrapping her arms around him.

"I'm so glad you are here." She whispered into his ear trying not to let her tears fall from her blue orbs. Every time she was hugging him, she remembered herself the first time she had hugged him.

"It's nice to see you too." He whispered back looking into her teary eyes. Charles pulled her out of his embrace when Jughead and Betty joined them to sit down at the dinner table together.

FP went upstairs to call JB that the dinner was ready. Once he entered his daughter's room, he saw her lost in her thoughts, sitting on the windowsill gawping outside.

"Penny for your thoughts?" FP asked quietly when he sat on her bed. She had been thinking of going back to Toledo, to her mom, before he ripped her out of her thoughts.

"Um... I'm just trying to process all the things I'm supposed to do." Even though Jellybean hated lying to her father, she was forced to do so. It wasn't the right time to tell him the truth.

"The dinner is ready, so maybe you can think about it later, hmm? Alice made spaghetti especially for you." She nodded and slowly made her way out of the bedroom. FP was watching her suspiciously knowing, that something was bothering her.

***

After finishing the dinner Alice asked Jellybean to help her with the dishes while the rest of the family went into the living room to pick the movie. The truth was, that she wanted to talk with a teenager alone.

"Tell me, what's going on?" Alice asked straight while pulling the cherry pie out of the oven. Jellybean put the rest of the dishes into the sink and leaned on the counter.

"I'm just a little bit tired," JB responded harshly making the woman raised her sight to face her once she heard the tone of her voice. Alice was about to open her mouth to comment, but Betty showed up to make popcorn.

Jellybean turned around grabbing the plates for a dessert and went out of the kitchen leaving Alice speechless. She didn't have any idea what was that all about.

She truly wanted Jellybean to trust her and thought that everything between them is fine and JB may even like her, but now she had a lot of doubts. It had been hard for her to even talk with the teenager for a few days. Maybe she had done something wrong?

"I'm going to New York on Friday and I've been thinking, maybe JB would want to go with me? Just for two days." Charles's question was mostly addressed to FP. JB had said to him once that she would love to see New York, so he assumed that she would be more than happy to go with him.

"Well, as far as I'm concerned, you can go with Charles right after Jughead's and Betty's graduation ceremony," FP said looking at Jellybean's puppy eyes. She nearly screamed when she heard his father's answer. Her dream was about to come true.

Once Alice ripped herself out of her thoughts, she carefully walked into the living room with a warm pie with her hands. Everyone was laughing and talking, except her. She forced herself to smile a little bit when she felt FP glanced at her suspiciously.

"So, as I can see, we are all here now, so we can start to watch the movie," FP announced brightly looking at the whole family and turned the TV on. Jellybean rested her head on his knees and his palm was softly stroking her back.

Alice sat down on the other side of the couch and Betty joined her immediately cuddling herself into her mother's warm chest. She placed a soft kiss on the top of her daughter's forehead hearing her giggling sweetly.

She couldn't help but just keep thinking about Jellybean. The truth was, she had no idea what's going on and didn't even suspect what will come next.