04 - SWINDLE ME

Panic rose with Poppy the further she scavenge the house

Panic rose with Poppy the further she scavenge the house. She felt the presence of Nathan behind her but took it to be behind in priority. She opened a door to reveal the girl she had been looking for. Poppy was both pleasantly surprise but embarrassed to find her on the toilet. The girl didn't seem to mind however just giving a blank stare up at her.  

"Hey Nathan," the girl takes note of him behind Poppy. 

"Hello, Lily, enjoying yourself?" Poppy rolled her eyes and closed the bathroom door behind them to give Lily more privacy. 

"See I told you she was fine."

"Yeah this time. How could you have been able to tell every variable she would run into would do no harm?"

"You're really pressed about this." 

"And you are stupid, I'm taking Lily home." If on cue Lily tumbled out of the bathroom. It looked like she had drank a few more beverages during the gap of time of no supervision. Poppy then reached for a drink to taper her nerves. 

"Wow you are really something Poppy Finstock." 

"Take us home, pretty please," Poppy said returning to her pre-panicked self. 

"Of course." Poppy gave a soft smile to Nathan letting him guide her to the car while letting the girl lean against her in a half slumber. She sat in the back seat with Lily, supporting her weight on Poppy's shoulder. 

"Are you okay to walk into your house yourself?" Lily nodded rubbing her eyes to wipe the tiredness away. She climbed out of the car and towards her main door. Poppy got back to the front seat of the car next to Nathan. 

"I'm sorry I was harsh towards you." 

"It was fair. I did a douche thing. But also why were you so inclined to help her. I would imagine that it was based more then just caring." Poppy leaned back taking a deep breath. 

"I may have been a bit emotional but that's because when it comes to parties I'm a bit experience in darker areas of it." Nathan tightens his hands on the steering wheel knowing what the innuendo entailed. "It was my friend who was affected, my only friend really in San Francisco." 

"I'm really sorry," Nathan said lost for words. 

"Me too." 

"I'm also really sorry that I was so irresponsible and insensitive." 

"You may have been acting like that to start off the night but you ended up making up for it."

"You really think so?"  Nathan asked looking like a puppy dog begging for a treat. 

"Yes you were a good boy." Nathan then stopped in front of Poppy's house and Poppy hoped out of the vehicle.

"I'll see you at school Poppy seed."