Ch 16: This isn't okay

Finally finished this chapter!! Here you go guys! Sorry it's been forever I know but I'm trying!! I promise you all that I'm trying!!

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

"Go ahead, Jonas. He's listening." Miranda's voice says flying through Rip's study.

"Ah finally the famous dead wife. She's kind of pretty in a bland there clearly weren't many options in the future kind of way." Cat commented as she studied the recording.

"Miss Grant, please try to have some respect for the dead." Kara pleaded shaking her head.

"Why? Because everyday social customs deem that I should?" Cat asked her." They clearly don't have respect for us." Cat gestured to all the deceased people in the room.

"The dead don't want anything." Thea protested.

"And we are all alive!" Shado snapped.

"For the moment." Yao Fei murmured head held high.

"I wish I could make it longer." Gideon admitted to him.

"Hi, Daddy. We miss you."

"And love you." Miranda reminded.

"Does she really have to say it? The dude probably already knows." Roy frowned.

"Hearing someone say it is still good to hear sometimes." Thea noted hugging Roy close.

"And love you." Jonas repeated.

"Aww," Felicity cooed, "He's so cute."

"Reminds me of when you were that age son." Robert looked to Oliver.

"You never let your father leave for work without giving him a hug." Moira recalled with a laugh.

"Mom...stop." Oliver grumbled.

"Oh no, no no you keep going Mrs. Queen. I want to hear this." Felicity smiled patting Oliver's arm.

"There's not much to tell other than he was quite loving as a little boy." Moira replied.

"Anything else you want to say?" Miranda questioned Jonas.

"Come home soon, Daddy." Jonas said.

"Quentin, honey are you crying?" Donna asked in concern.

"No, no I just got a little something in my eye is all." Quentin discreetly wipes a thumb at his eye, waving off her concern.

"I'm right there with you brother." Joe shook his head passing him a napkin. "This hurts."

"You said it." Quentin agreed, both men having such demanding jobs.

"Hi, Rip. Not sure if you got our last message.I told Jonas that you got caught up with work, but I really thought you'd be home by now. London is Things have changed. It's hard to tell what's going on with so many soldiers and rumors.I just want to know you're all right.Wherever you are, whenever you are, I love you, Rip."Miranda said then the holgraphic recording repeated itself as Rip watched it with wet eyes.

"Damn, he's even hot when he cries." Cat muttered.

"The man's mourning his wife show some respect." Harry told her. Cat waved a hand at him.

"Here we go everyone getting grumpy when I state my opinions." Cat rolled her eyes. "Your just jealous it's not you I'm vying for."

"You wish." Harry replied adjusting his glasses.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, Captain." Martin said walking in the study.

"No, uh, not at all. Just, uh, catching up on work." Rip said getting up out of his chair.