𝟐.𝟑 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓛𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓼

Dear Salazar,

I hope Jack reads this to you or else, strangle him for me please. You were a bad guy in your day, a murderer, hell you unleashed havoc even after you died but you grew a special place in my heart Sal. You're the best birthday gift I ever got. And that's saying something, I once got a puppy from uncle James. I may have forgotten about it and skipped one or two feedings, I was only three okay? I expected Sirius to feed it but alas, we both forgot. Jack will tell you that I'm dead but don't worry Sal, who knows, maybe I'll be immortalized in a portrait too and then we can be best friends and visit each other's portraits all the time. I love you Sal, don't forget that you big stinker.

Astrid.

Charlie chuckled slightly at the letter. Only Astrid would write a letter that length to a portrait. He stuffed it in the box and looked at Jack, who was currently asleep. It must've been past midnight by now but Charlie was more than determined to finish reading all the letters. And he was nearly done anyway, the next one he'll grab will the number fifteen and after that, only two more and that will be it.

Dear uncle Remus,

I didn't know how to say goodbye to you, so I didn't. I just left this lousy letter explaining why I believe I'm going to die.

As you know uncle Remus, I used to dream, a lot. I once dreamt of a girl, presumably my age, with bright red hair and I first thought it was Nymphadora but it wasn't. Because she had Gryffindor robes on and Nymphadora was after in Hufflepuff. I don't know who she is but I saw her fall from a tall tree and you uncle Remus, pushed her off. I didn't know what to make of it so I never told you about it, the only person who ever knew was Oliver and my dad.

Dumbledore then told me the story about Ophelia, about how she used to dream about ugly things and eventually killed herself. I'm afraid I might be a reincarnation of Ophelia uncle Remus, it sounds silly. I know.

But the time she died, she was sixteen and I wasn't born yet. I was only born a month after that, hence I believe my bizerk idea.

Another reason might be that there's a war brewing and all of us aren't safe, like you said. Us half bloods and half breeds and half other stuff are not safe as well. To the Dark Lord, we're just like muggles and muggleborn witches and wizards.

My last reason is that I refused to join the Death Eaters. Severus had asked me to join them. I nearly did, as I was going to save Draco but then again, I thought about how Draco ignored me straight up and I refused. I wish I agreed uncle Remus.

When I die, don't cry too much for me. It won't bring me back and you're just going to get a sore throat.

Uncle Remus, thank you for everything you've done for me, thank you for all the chocolate, the smiles, the hugs, the shoulders I could cry on, the stupid jokes, the times we spoke as though I were your equal, thank you for being there. When I go up to heaven, or hell (because I killed my dog), I'll have everyone know what a brave, loyal and loving uncle I had.

I love you so much uncle Remus.

Astrid.

Charlie stuffed the letter back in box, feeling as though his throat was closing up. The letter really hit him hard. He grabbed number sixteen. Cedric's.

Dear Cedric,

I know you're gone and you're never going to reply to me but I need someone who will just listen to me and not judge me or throw me away.

I found out the identity of my parents, I found out that my uncle Regulus was actually very cool and actually liked me.

They threw me away Cedric, my mum and dad. Like trash, it hurts knowing that they wanted my sister but not me. What did I do wrong? Was I too ugly? I wish I had the answers Cedric. And I wish you were here, I miss you Cedric. So very much. Oliver and I had a fight the other day and we decided to call it a break. But at this point, I believe Oliver has found someone else. I need you Ceddy, I truly do.

I need someone who I can laugh with, someone who will mock Snape with me, someone who will do stupid things with me. I need you Ceddy, I need you.

Astrid.

Charlie noticed that the letter must have been written some time after his death. He really didn't know that Cedric meant that much to Astrid. Just saying her name felt like a dagger to the side. Charlie could hear footsteps outside his bedroom door, as though someone was deciding whether to come in or not, but eventually, the person, who turned out to be Bill, barged in and glanced at the sleeping Jack before he crossed his arms over his chest. Charlie could see the scars on his face, even after so long, they seemed fresh. Charlie himself had a number of scars, (who said working with dragons was as easy as working at Gringotts or the Ministry?), littered across his arms and one under his lip, which he manged to heal into almost nothingness.

"Ginny tells me you hexed Harry." Bill said, accusingly and Charlie rolled his eyes at him before rummaging through the box to find Ginny's letter, as well as Ron's and Fleur's.

"He treated her like trash. You would've done the exact same thing." Charlie argued, finally finding Fleur's letter and handed them to Bill, who raised his brow at him, his scars following suite. "Just give them." Charlie argued.

"Do you even know what spell you used Charlie? Harry isn't one of your dragons." Charlie narrowed his eyes at his brother.

"And I'm not one of your goblins to order around." Bill said nothing but leave, eyeing Jack one more time, who had curled up in a ball and he slept soundless, and left, banging the door as he did and Jack jumped awake.

"It's not mine!" Jack yelled out, shielding his face and Charlie tried to calm him down. "It's not mine! I swear! I swear!" Charlie didn't know what to do, so he slapped him on the cheek. Jack swallowed thickly. "Thanks man. How many letters left?"

"One, Dumbledore's." Jack swallowed again.

"It's the shortest. I've read it. It's about six or seven lines." He tore it open and handed it to Charlie.

Dear Professor Dumbledore,

We have one thing in common, two actually. We're both mad and we're both going to die. I'd laugh, but I'm scared sir, aren't you?

Astrid.

Charlie realized Jack can't count.