Chapter 7: A Shadow is Fading out

Aunt Ginger was happy to see a smile from Angie, in fact she never saw the real smile from Angie before. After supper, Aunt Ginger got out the flour and sprinkle it to the counter of the table, Angie watched very closely and she accidentally knock over some sprinkles on the floor.

"It's alright we will clean that up." said Aunt Ginger.

"Okay." said Angie

As they were making cookies, the doorbell ringed. Angie thought it was her mother, she had a thought about her mother. Aunt Ginger answered it, it was the boy from her school, somehow he wanted help.

"Jason, what's the matter?" Aunt Ginger asked.

Angie was confused out of her mind, did Aunt Ginger really know him? There was a chance to know him that well. He was bruised with cut marks, and he looked beaten.
Angie took a look at him and gasp.

"A-Angie, what are you doing here?" he asked.

"Angie is here because there was something bad that happened." Aunt Ginger explained.

"What happen to you?!?" Angie said Shockley.

"I got to a fight with Leix and my dad and I need to be here because he's looking for me."

"Who??" Aunt Ginger asked

"My dad." said Jason.

Angie frozed for a moment and remembered about something, it was clearly that she almost forgot about it, but she wanted to know how he was like this.

"How did you escape?" Angie asked

"Well it didn't went so good, I was walking home because I was tired and Lexi came out of nowhere and started chasing me down the street, I saw her and I started to run. My legs were tired and I was out of breath. Soon I had enough and fought like a man, so I stopped running and looked back, she was still running towards me, and she was about to hit me. I got out my fist and tried to protect myself, when she got near me, she started beating me and she punched my face, I started punching her in the face and trying to knock her out, when she collapsed on the floor, I had a chance to run home and lock the doors. After a few minutes of watching T.V., I notice that my dad was home and he said that he got fired because of me, I said that it wasn't my fault, and he started smashing stuff and throwing stuff at me. I ran to my room all bloody and covered in bruises and I locked the door so my dad won't get in, my face was black and blue and I decided to escape and never come back. So I opened the window and decided to run out."

Angie was shocked and faintly depressed, and Aunt Ginger was shocked as well too. Aunt Ginger decided to let Jason stay for two days. Aunt Ginger got the first aid kit out and tried to fix the deep cut marks on him. After that, Jason sat down and watch some T.V. while Angie and Aunt Ginger make the cookies.

"Is Jason going to be okay? I mean he's been hardy beaten." Angie asked

"He will be okay once we take care of the problem." Aunt Ginger said.

"Why would you go sit down with him to make him feel comfortable." Said Aunt Ginger.

"Okay." Said Angie.

Just for a while they went outside to talk to one another to make them calm down, Max also went to go sit down with them in the beatiful night.

"What's your dog's name?" Jason asked

"Oh, his name is Max." Said Angie "He's a nice dog."

Jason paused for a mintue and looked up at the sky for a while to see how beauitful it is.

"I always wonder of how are lives will make it through the futrue. By looking up in the night time sky I sometimes wonder what is going to happen." Jason said

" I sometimes look out the window and think about what's going to happen to everything, I worry to much." Said Angie.

As they looked up at the sky, they hold hands and smiled, they guessed they weren't alone in their problems after all.