Chapter 3- Invasion of Asgard

The next day, I woke up in the new room prepared for me after I arrived in Asgard

The next day, I woke up in the new room prepared for me after I arrived in Asgard. I slowly rose up from the couch and briefly looked around. I wrapped myself in a black shawl and stepped out onto the balcony. The sun shone brightly over the city of Asgard. The sky was a magnificent blue as birds flew across, their sweet sounds filling the air. Beautiful golden towers glittered against the sunlight as they stood high above the ground. Far off in the distance, I could see the rainbow bridge. It ran across a big body of water, beaming and shimmering with magical colors.

"Whoa," I whisper, astounded by Asgard's beauty.

I walk back inside, and I notice three beautiful dresses standing next to a window. They had a different color and their own unique designs. One dress was a white and gold color. The second was a light purple. And the last one was a dark blue color. The dark blue dress had a silver breastplate, and it came with silver metal bracelets. I put on the dark blue dress, and after wrapping myself with the black shawl, I leave my room and explore more of Asgard.

~*~

I went into town and was admiring the scenery around me when something caught my eye. I looked up and noticed a small bronze sphere floating in the air with silver metal rings surrounding it. I turned my head to see Thor and saw him smiling at me as he watched me looking up at the sphere that was hovering above me.

"This is amazing!" I exclaim. "What is this thing?"

I point my finger to touch it and once I do, the sphere falls into my hands. "Cool!" Pure joy filled my face as I examined the little bronze sphere.

"Uh, Kaitlyn?" Thor says, walking over to me.

"Hmm? What?" I say, looking up at Thor.

"You have their ball," Thor says, pointing to the three little children sitting across from us. They looked bored, waiting for me to pass the ball to them.

"Oh." I say. I turn to the kids and gently throw the ball back at them. They catch it and smile as they run off with the ball. Thor and I smile at each other, and we start to walk through the streets of Asgard.

~*~

"When you came for me, you knew I was in trouble,"I say as Thor and I stand side by side outside the palace, leaning over the edge of a balcony.

"Heimdall had lost sight of you. You were no longer on Earth." Thor responds.

"How is that possible?" I ask.

"I believe you were, and you weren't. The Nine Realms travel within Yggdrasil, orbiting Midgard much the way your planets orbit the sun." Thor begins to explain. "And every five thousand years, the worlds align perfectly, and we call this the Convergence. During this time, the borders between worlds become blurred. It's possible you found one of these points. We are lucky that it remained open. Once the worlds pass out of alignment, then the connection is lost."