Chapter 7- Earth

A storm was brewing in the distance

A storm was brewing in the distance. Thor and I got up and went to search for a nearby cave. Dust and wind blew through the air as Thor and I huddled together and found the entrance of the cave. We walk inside and I sat down on one of the hard rocks.

"He's going to unleash it. Not just on Asgard, or on a star. Malekith is going to destroy everything." I say.

"How?" Thor asks, taking a step closer to me. "Kaitlyn, how?"

"I saw him on Earth. Why would he go to Earth?" I ask.

"The Convergence."

"Oh, no. None of this would have happened if I hadn't found the Aether." I say.

"Then Malekith would've only found it that much sooner." Thor says.

"This is all my fault. I knew I shouldn't have gone inside that abandoned factory."

"Kaitlyn..."

"Now we're trapped here."

Out of nowhere, loud metal rock music started to play and Thor and I looked at each other with confusion.

"It's not me." Thor says. I looked down at my jacket pocket and realized that it was my phone ringing. I cringe at the music that was playing on my phone.

"Sorry. I was going through a phase. Really need to change this ringtone." I answer the phone. "Hello?"

"Kaitlyn! Where are you? You haven't answered your phone! I've been trying to call and text you for days!" Will says over the phone.

"Will? Where are you?" I ask.

"I'm at home. I was calling again to make sure you were okay." Will says.

"Uh, yeah, I'm fine. Everything's great. Never felt better, actually." I say. Putting the phone on speaker, I take the phone off my ear and was surprised to see the reception I was getting. I didn't think I would get any cell service down here. "Wow, this is amazing!"

"What's amazing? What are you talking about?" Will asks.

"How am I getting service here?"

"Service from where? Kaitlyn, where are you?"

"Will, I need you to listen to me. Whatever you do, do not hang up the phone." I say.

"I won't hang up the phone. Listen, something weird has been going on. Ever since we found that portal in that factory, I feel like more and more have been popping up. I found one the other day when I was cleaning my parents garage and accidentally dropped my basketball when it fell out one of the boxes." Will says. I look down on the ground to see a crushed soda can, some glass bottles, shoes and the basketball Will was talking about. The cans and the shoes were the same items Will and the kids used to throw down in the stairwell back at the abandoned factory.