Chapter 10- The Dream

It's been two weeks since Agent Barton dropped me off at the Triskelion

It's been two weeks since Agent Barton dropped me off at the Triskelion. After getting an earful from Director Fury about going off world without his knowledge but also telling me how proud he was that I was able to save the world from total destruction, I was given a room to stay in. During my time there, I was having trouble sleeping.

My nightmares were coming back. But this time it wasn't about New York. It was about Loki and him dying. I kept having this recurring dream of Loki getting killed and Thor weeping over him as he died. I stood there feeling helpless as Loki lay there dying. I was tossing and turning in bed when suddenly the dream I was having changed.

I found myself standing between Thor and Odin in Odin's throne room. They were talking. I looked up at Odin as he spoke. He proudly sat on his throne while holding his golden scepter in his hand.

"You once said there would never be a wiser king than me. You were wrong. The Alignment has brought all the realms together. Every one of them saw you offer your life to save them. What can Asgard offer its new king in return?"

I stood on the golden steps a few feet from the throne as Thor rose to his feet. "My life. Father, I cannot be king of Asgard. I will protect Asgard and all the realms with my last and every breath, but I cannot do so from that chair. Loki, for all his grave imbalance, understood rule as I know I never will. The brutality, the sacrifice. It changes you. I'd rather be a good man than a great king."

"Is this my son I hear, or the woman he loves?" Odin asks.

"When you speak, do I never hear Mother's voice?" Thor says. Odin sighs. "This is not for Jane, Father. She does not know what I came here to say. Now, forbid me to see her, or say she can rule at my side. It changes nothing."

My eyes widen with shock as Thor spoke. He doesn't want to be King of Asgard. He must really love Jane if he's willing to give up the throne.

"One son who wanted the throne too much, another who will not take it. Is this my legacy?" Odin asks.

"Loki died with honor. I shall try to live the same. Is that not legacy enough?" Thor asks.

I shake my head slightly when Thor holds up Mjolnir. He was offering it back to Odin. I turn to face Odin waiting to see if he will take back the hammer.

"It belongs to you. If you are worthy of it." Odin says.

"I shall try to be." Thor says.

"I cannot give you my blessing, nor can I wish you good fortune."

"I know." Thor turns to leave. He stops when Odin speaks.

"If I were proud of the man my son had become, even that, I could not say. It would speak only from my heart. Go, my son."

"Thank you, Father." Thor smiles. He turns and starts walking off.

I smile as I watch Thor exit the throne room. My smile instantly fades when I turn around to see Odin transforming into Loki. He had a devilish smile on his face.

"No. Thank you."

My heart starts to pound seeing Loki on the throne. I walk backwards on the steps and before I could trip and fall, I immediately snap awake. I was covered in a pool of sweat and with my breathing rapid, I sit up.

"Loki is alive." I whisper.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: And there you have it folks! Loki is not dead

A/N: And there you have it folks! Loki is not dead. It was certainly a surprise scene when I first saw the movie. If you haven't seen this movie or aren't obsessed with Marvel as I am, well then, spoiler alert! Kaitlyn will see Loki for a third time but that won't be for a later story. The next adventure I will be focusing on for the Kaitlyn saga will be...

 The next adventure I will be focusing on for the Kaitlyn saga will be

Hope you guys enjoyed this story.

Thanks for reading!