Chapter 6- Svartalfheim

Svartalfheim was dark and gloomy

Svartalfheim was dark and gloomy. The sky was a murky green as fog covered the planet. Chills ran through my body as I felt the cold wind blow through the air. I was stirred awake when Thor places a blanket over me. He smoothes my hair with the comforting touch of his hand and I quickly go back to sleep. I was too weak to move. Too weak to get up. The Aether was slowly draining me of my energy. I could feel it. I never felt anything like this before.

"What I could do with the power that flows through those veins." Loki says.

"It would consume you." Thor says, sitting down next to me.

"She's holding up all right. For now." Loki says.

"She's strong in ways you'd never even know." Thor says.

"Oh, I know. The power coursing through her. I can feel it. It's strong. Waiting to come out. It's only a matter of time." Loki says. "I'd suggest you start saying your goodbyes now."

"Not this day."

"This day, the next, a hundred years is nothing compared to what's coming for her. It's a heartbeat. You'll never be ready. She'll be taken away. Just like Mother."

Thor glares at Loki. "And will that satisfy you?"

"Satisfaction is not in my nature." Loki replies.

"Surrender is not in mine. Or Kaitlyn's." Thor says.

"The son of Odin..."

"No. Not just of Odin. You think you alone were loved of Mother?" Thor says, getting up and walking towards Loki. "You had her tricks, but I had her trust."

"Trust? Was that her last expression? Trust? When you let her die?" Loki snaps.

"What help were you in your cell?" Thor growls.

"Who put me there? Who put me there?!" Loki shouts.

Thor rushes up to Loki and pins him against the back of the ship. "You know damn well! You know damn well who!" Thor raises his fist, about to punch Loki but he stops himself and takes a deep breath. "She wouldn't want us to fight."

"Well, she wouldn't exactly be shocked." Loki says, grinning.

Thor chuckles. "I wish I could trust you."

A look of regret and sadness crossed Loki's face as he watches his brother turn his back to him. He gets up to his feet. "Trust my rage."