Chapter 5- Escaping the Realm

I sat by myself in my room while a guard stood by the door, keeping watch

I sat by myself in my room while a guard stood by the door, keeping watch. I was bored out of my mind and kept bouncing my legs up and down when a guard enters the room bringing a tray of food.

"I'm not hungry." I say, giving the guard an annoyed look.

I jump when the two guards are knocked out and fall to the ground. Standing by the door was the woman with long dark hair and silver and red armor. Her name was Lady Sif, one of Thor's companions I had met when I first came to Asgard.

"Good. Let's go." She says.

I follow Sif down the golden hallway. I quickly trail behind her as I tried to keep up with her fast pace. I spot Thor waiting down the hallway and my eyes widen with shock when I see Loki standing right next to him. I freeze in my tracks and hide behind a pillar.

"We need to keep moving. Come on." Sif says.

I shake my head and stay behind the pillar, unable to move. I could feel my hands shaking and my throat tightening up at the sight of Loki. Sif moves closer next to me and kneels down.

"I know you're afraid of Loki and I know what he did to you. But you can't let this fear take control of you. You need to fight it and let it go. It will only get worse for you if you don't." Sif and I were silent for a moment as I continue to stare at Loki. "I'll make sure no harm comes to you. I promise."

I was hesitant to move but got up when Sif offers me her hand. Sif stops when she walks up to Thor and stands next to him. I continue to walk towards Loki and marching right up to him, I catch everyone by surprise when I slap him hard across the face.

"You've ruined my life! You've taken everything away from me!" I shout. I try to jump at him but Thor grabs me and pulls me aside.

Loki chuckles and smiles his mischievous smile as he watches me being carried away by Thor. "Glad to see she's doing well." Loki looks over to Sif who just gives him an annoyed look.

"Kaitlyn, calm down." Thor says once he puts me down. "Let me explain"

"Why is Loki out of his cell?" I ask.

"Because I let him out." Thor replies.

"What?! Why?!" I shout.

"There is a secret portal that can lead us to the realm of the Dark Elves and Loki is the only one who can take us there." Thor explains.

"No, no, no, no. I will not do this. I will not team up with your brother! I am drawing the line!"

"Kaitlyn, if we don't do this, you could lose yourself to the Aether." Thor warns. "I don't like this as much as you do but this is the only way."