00 → blurb

❝BLURB❞

⇠ ✽ ▧ ✭ ⇢

⇠ ✽ ▧ ✭ ⇢

Emma and Liam Dunbar have been inseparable since birth, well the early years of their lives they couldn't really help it. Their parents made choice for them for a while, especially the matching clothes. Take a peek at any picture lining the hallways of the Dunbar's house, they're wearing the same outfits in two different colors. The pictures ranging from infants in tiny blankets, to five year olds wearing overalls and bucket hats, arms wrapped around each other smiling ear to ear.

When Emma and Liam were old enough to babble stings of nonsense together, their mother could hear them over the baby monitor babbling to each other and laughing. When Jenna would open their door, she'd see the two looking at each other through the bars of their cribs or they would fake like they were asleep. When they learned to walk, they would climb over their cribs and set the other one free and they would run around the house. They were caught every time because they weren't very quiet, not to mention their mother would stand guard the first hour to make sure they were asleep. Those two were sneaky, they could cover and lie for each other like it was no problem, make up lies on the spot, and they could go along with it and make an actual believable lie.

When their mother first began to see Dr. Anthony Geyer, Jenna gave him a fair warning about the twins. They were weird, they could lie for each other, they knew when the other was in trouble or hurt, and they seem to know what the other was thinking. Dr. Geyer didn't believe them at first, he assumed that twin telepathy was a myth and made up. He was a doctor of course he's supposed to find the logical explanation of everything, but he witnessed it first hand when Liam broke his arm at lacrosse practice. Emma and Dr. Geyer were out running errands before they had to pick Liam up. Emma gripped her arm in pain and began to sob, her step-father checked it out and found nothing wrong. Two minutes later his phone rang and was told Liam had broken his arm. That day he learned sometimes, not everything has a logical explanation.

Liam and Emma's first year of high school, they experienced together as well. At Devenford Prep, Emma was having a good time, she had joined volleyball and had a good set of friends, she took honors classes and got good grades. She met new friends, had crushes on boys. She was nice way too nice, so people drew to her bright aura and selflessness, even if most people didn't have the best intentions. While she was having a grand old time, Liam wasn't. Emma knew, she felt it every step she took down the halls of Devenford Prep. He was struggling with his lacrosse team, his teammates always gave him a hard time. He got too many red cards on the field which caused a rift between him and his fed up teammates, and an even more fed up coach. He was benched, which only set him on a fit of anger. Emma had to talk him down a few times, it worked almost every time except one. When he destroyed his coaches car, Emma had gotten there the second he walked away from the car after the damaged had been done.

Liam was kicked out of the school and had to undergo a psychological evaluation, which led him to his diagnosis of IED. Intermittent Explosive Disorder. Emma always had a feeling, because the rage that rang through his body at times was dangerous, she knew because she felt it. It was the type of rage that made you want to rip everything in sight apart, it didn't matter what it was.