10 → the end to the dead pool

THE END TO THE DEAD POOL

❝ THE END TO THE DEAD POOL ❞

⇠ ✽ ▧ ✭ ⇢

Emma chewed on her thumbnail as she sat on the picnic table watching the teenagers who were retreating from the party. After Mason had cut the power to the DJ booth, the DJ just began packing up after the failed effort of trying to knock out some werewolves from the dead pool. She could hear murmurs of continuing the party at other student's houses but paid no attention. Emma wasn't going to spend the rest of her night at a party; she was spending it at home or Mason's house. Emma was meeting Lydia at the sheriff's station tomorrow morning. Only because Lydia had asked her to come, so she wasn't up there alone. Stiles had gotten a concussion from their trip to Eichen House, where they both almost died until Parrish showed up.

So while Stiles is at the hospital, Emma is taking his place. Emma is waiting on Mason. His mom was giving them a ride; Mason was on the cleanup committee, so he was picking up the tables and emptying trashcans. Emma was focusing on Parrish, who was finishing up his paperwork. The deputies arrived not too long ago to arrest the three security guards that tried and failed to kill Scott, Malia, and Liam.

Emma couldn't describe the utter joy she felt when the bald guard walked past her in handcuffs. The two werewolves and the one werecoyote left not too long ago. Malia was talking about going to see Stiles after Emma had read them the text from Lydia. Scott took Liam home, so that left Emma sitting there by herself until Parrish called her over.

The boredom had struck Emma, so she decided to clean up the empty coke bottles and red solo cups on the floor, so it was less work for the friendly custodian Mr. Richards and the cleanup committee. Mr. Richards was a sweet older man who had a smile on his face, even though he was cleaning up after careless teenagers.

"Hey," a familiar voice called, Emma furrowed her eyebrows and saw Brett standing there with his hands in his pockets. Behind him was his sister Lori, who looked bored. Emma had no idea why the heck Brett was standing in front of her. Satomi's pack was supposed to be in hiding since the assassins seemed to like to target their pack as much as Scott's.

"What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in hiding!" Emma exclaimed in a whisper as she approached him. She still had the cups and bottles in her hands as she stared up at Brett, who was acting pretty careless at the moment. Emma did not have this scar on her neck, just for Brett to walk around. Brett smirked at her; Emma sighed, "Hello Brett, how are you today?"

Brett chuckled to himself as Emma walked over to the trash can. She tossed the trash away before turning back to Brett. "I'm doing just fine, thank you for asking," Brett remarked. Why is he acting like this? His whole pack is supposed to be hiding from the assassins. He could be putting his entire pack in danger.

"Seriously, you should be in hiding. The assassins are getting worse. They almost set Liam, Scott, and Malia on fire tonight," Emma told him. Brett nodded his head and held his hands up in defense, "And it's about to rain, it also doesn't look like you have an umbrella."