07 → emma the helicopter mom

EMMA THE HELICOPTER MOM

❝ EMMA THE HELICOPTER MOM ❞

⇠ ✽ ▧ ✭ ⇢

Emma Dunbar was being summoned from the comforts of her house – she's making it out be more extreme than she was making it up to be. How it really was happening: Lydia had asked Emma if she could go with her up to the lake house, so she could contact Meredith. All of her friends were taking the PSAT, so she was left to go by herself or invite Emma.

Inviting Emma was not a bad option, it was actually an option Lydia liked. She enjoyed having Emma around, and Liam was practically begging for her to give him some space. Emma for four days was playing helicopter mom since their real mother was unsuspecting of what actually happened to Liam. She just assumed that they were at Mason's, they weren't but if Jenna calls Mason about it, their best friend will lie for them.

Emma didn't know Meredith; well she didn't know lots of people. It seemed like every day she was meeting someone knew from the supernatural world. This time she didn't get to meet Meredith, all that she was told about her was the fact that she had given them the second cipher key, breaking the second part of the dead pool.

When they went to ask her for the third, they were too demanding of it. Which sent Meredith over the edge and caused her to kill herself. Emma could see why Lydia needed a friend to go with her for this one, it didn't hurt to have some moral support. And she couldn't think of anyone better than the compassionate, kind-hearted freshman that had nothing better to do today than make Liam cupcakes to make him feel better.

Emma looked over the window as they made the drive up to the secluded lake house in the woods, a smile was rested on her face as the endless amounts of trees that past her. "Thank you for inviting me" Emma looked over at Lydia, the strawberry-blonde had been quiet most of the drive, she was in her head a little about everything that had happened with Meredith.

"You should really thank Liam," Lydia teased as she glanced over at the blonde, "I wanted you to come, though. I find most freshman rather irritating and immature, but not you." Emma bit her lip unsure how to respond to that, she was glad that Lydia enjoyed her company, but was she supposed to agree, that most freshmen were immature and irritating.

Emma peeked over at her, she nodded her head, "Same," Emma nodded her head, she cringed at her words. Same? She's sitting next to one of the smartest people in the whole school and she just said 'same' as a reply. "My friends – well ex-friends – used to tell me I remind them of a seventy-five-year-old woman."

"I can see that," Lydia hummed, Emma let out a giggle before she leaned her head back on the headrest. "How's your neck doing?" Lydia stopped at a red light; the bandage had gotten a bit smaller since her last one. It's been a whole school week since Violet had strangled her with her thermo-cut wire. Emma didn't sound like she had a cold anymore, her voice still had a bit of raspy sound to it, plus if she spoke in a high-pitched voice, it would become as squeaky.