11 → will brake for ducks

WILL BRAKE FOR DUCKS

❝ WILL BRAKE FOR DUCKS ❞

⇠ ✽ ▧ ✭ ⇢

Emma had the sad ability to wake up ten minutes before her alarm went off; her body must hate the sound of her alarm so it'll wake her up, so she doesn't have to hear it. Emma yawned as she glanced over at the clock next to her bed. Her eyes adjusted as she tried to read the time. She rubbed her eyes, hoping to rub the tired away. Emma sat up and stretched; she looked to her right to see her brother wrapped up in his own blanket, sleeping next to her. Emma let out a yell as she fell out of her bed. She had tried to get up, but her foot got wrapped up in her blanket and tripped her.

Why was her brother in her room? Why was he sleeping in her bed? He never does this. They stopped sharing a room when they were ten because their bodies were about to go through changes, aka puberty, and needed their space. If he ended up falling asleep in her room, he usually slept on the long-cushioned bench at her bay window. They usually shared a bed when they stayed at hotels or their grandparent's condo in Florida.

Emma's yell and thump from hitting the ground woke Liam up; he looked over to where his sister was supposed to be sleeping, He furrowed his eyebrows at the sight of Emma sitting on the floor with narrowed eyes, and her blanket wrapped around her shoulders. "Why are you on the floor?" Liam asked, his voice raspy from just waking up.

"Why are you in my bed?" Emma shot back as she stood up; her hands flew to her hips as she scolded him with her eyes. Emma went to bed early last night, even though Mason and Liam were very loud while playing video games. Emma had heard Liam beg Mason to stay the night while she was drifting in and out of sleep. "Liam, if you wanted to have a sleepover, you know the rules. I get my bed – obviously – and you get the bay window."

"I already tried to sleep there. I got – it was just uncomfortable," Liam answered with a shrug; Emma bit her lip as her mind began to flood with the worries of what was going on with Liam. This had been going on for almost two weeks now; there is no way this isn't a big deal. Liam scoffed as he stood up, grabbing his blanket and phone. "I know that face, Em. I'm fine." Liam began to make his way to the door.

"No, you're not!" Emma exclaimed as she ran to the door. Emma parked herself in front of the door, cutting of Liam's retreat. Liam rolled his eyes as Emma extended her arms out, trying to block as much as the door as she could.

"I'm stronger than you; I can easily move you," Liam replied in annoyance, he has gotten out of talking about his feelings for two weeks, and Emma had reached her boiling point. She wasn't angry, but she was about to burst and flood him with questions.

"Maybe – but I will tattle," Emma said with a hum. Liam threw his head back at his sister's childish behavior. But honestly, what could she come back with? He's stronger, faster, and all the other benefits of being a werewolf. Emma was just sweet little Emma, who will put an 'I brake for ducks' sticker on the bumper of her future car.