01 → first freshman captain

FIRST FRESHMAN CAPTAIN

❝ FIRST FRESHMAN CAPTAIN ❞

⇠ ✽ ▧ ✭ ⇢

Emma sat on the bleachers; she paid no attention to what her brother was doing on the field. Of course, when he questioned her about how he did later on in the day. Emma will lie and say she saw the whole thing, but tell the truth about the fact that he did do excellent because Liam is fantastic at lacrosse. Liam already knew that, and Emma already knew that. Emma can hear the cheering of Garrett over the sound of her book pages turning, over the sound of the crunching of her green apple as she takes a bite. Since the twins switched from Devenford to Beacon Hills, they were following two different curriculums. So that means Emma had to catch up on The Crucible, so she was able to follow along with the class. To Emma, it felt like all she was doing to reading lately, not that she minds. Emma was more interested in Fiction than Non-Fiction. Emma was more interested in Dystopian books because it let Emma escape from boring old Beacon Hills to something more exciting and stimulating.

Emma looked up to see her brother blitzing past the fellow lacrosse players trying to get ready for tryouts tomorrow. Her brother made the two boys in front of him look like it was their first day at playing lacrosse. When the two were at Devenford Prep, he was at the same level of playability as the other players. Mostly because all the players on that team were scouted and offered a scholarship to attend the school and play for them, some of the kids on that team have been playing since they could fit into a set of pads. Liam only began playing when their mother met their step-father, so he started later than some of the other kids but was just as skilled.

Emma had seen Beacon Hills' lacrosse team in the past, and they weren't as talented as Devenford Prep was. So Liam looked like some type of Lacrosse God out on the field. Emma only liked lacrosse because her brother does; she has her sport. Volleyball, Emma's quite good at it too. When Emma informed the school and her coaches that she would be leaving, Devenford Prep offered her a full scholarship to stay at the school and play volleyball. Emma thought about it, but after Brett ditched her during homecoming. Emma did not want to spend three more years at a school, being the scapegoat for the lacrosse team because Liam left.

"So, are you going to do it?" Violet asked with a bright smile on her face. Emma turned her head to see her friend plopping down next to her on the bleachers. Emma's teeth chewed on the inside of her cheek; she quickly shrugged her shoulders. Emma's shrug was giving Violet her answer. "Em, when we played you guys last year. You destroyed us; we need a powerhouse like you on our volleyball team!"

When Liam and Emma had met the friend group, Violet knew she had recognized Emma from somewhere. The two girls had met on the volleyball court, nothing more than glares and handshakes were received before the day they got a chance to talk and get to know each other.

"I don't know. I feel like I'm cheating on Devenford Prep if I join the team here" Emma closed her book, the brunette's hands reached forward to grab her backpack. The book dropped into the bag with a thud before she set it back down onto the cold metal. Violet pursed her lips, she shook her head, and a chuckle erupted from the throat.