CHAPTER 4- An act of revenge

Amelia POV

"Sir, you have a meeting now with the directors concerning the annual party of the company "I informed the devil who was busy with some files. I've been working with the devil for a month now and it ain't easy, he made my life a living hell and I endure because the paycheck was good and I needed the money.

"Sir," I called him again getting annoyed because he was busy with the files.

"Are you blind amelia? because if you are not you would see that am busy! "he yelled glaring at me, sometimes his words are hurtful.

"I just wanted to inform you about the meeting because you said I should inform you," I told him and watched him get up from his chair and grab me angrily pinning me to the wall.

"I don't get you, Amelia, I just told you I was busy. Don't you understand English or are you too dumb to understand? Well, am not surprised maybe your teacher didn't teach you English because you are a selfish bitch who doesn't give a damn about other people's feelings " he yelled in my face and didn't let go of my hand.

"Sir please let go of my hand, you are hurting me"I groaned but he tightens his grip on my hand. "Dylan! "I shouted and he let go of my hand. It was the first time I called his name after joining the company.

"Inform the cabinet, let have the meeting now and never call my name again you selfish bitch because the next time you do, I'll do something bad to you that would make you regret ever showing your pathetic face in front of me" he threatened and walk back to his chair. I stood there looking dumb and tears threatened to fall but I held it and walked out of the office.

I entered my office and burst into tears, ever since I have been working here all he does is insult me. He didn't even give me a chance to prove him wrong. He is always having a bad mood when am around but smiles at the others except me. He hates me and I know it because of what happened years ago but he didn't know the whole story, he is a selfish bastard.

I wipe the tears off my face and informed the directors about the meetings, I set the meeting in order and waited for the meeting to start.

A few minutes later, they all walk into the meeting room and settle down, Dylan was the last person to enter the room, he looked at me and our eyes met but I quickly looked away and took my seat. He sat down on his chair and the meeting began.

"So that's all the budget for the party right? "Dylan asked the director of the financial department and the man nodded. "Okay fine, so you all know that this year's party is the 40th annual party held in this company so I want the best from you and I don't want any mistake concerning the preparation" he spoke with confidence, like a true boss . "the person in charge of this year's annual ball is my assistant Amelia brown," he said and the directors began to murmur and glare at me.

"What? "I exclaimed and he smirked at me. What the hell is wrong with this guy, one time he is nice, and the next he is angry.

"Sir, what do you mean? "One of the directors Asked

"Exactly what you heard Mr. George" Dylan replied to him and they began to murmur among themselves. "Enough! If you have something to say I'll like it if you say it directly and not murmur like gossipers"Dylan shouted at the directors and they stop talking. One of the directors raised his hand and stood up to speak.

"Sir, with all due respect the annual party has been handed over to the planning committee for years even when your father was here and the director of the finance had been the one heading the party but why a change now. Why your assistant? She is not the right person for the job, she is just an assistant. "The director said and all the directors all agreed with him.