CHAPTER 11- The elevator(2)

Dylan POV

Two things have been on my mind throughout the weekend. It was about Amelia and the trip to Paris. There was a huge business deal in Paris and I needed to travel down there to close up the deal. When I entered my office, I saw coffee on my table which meant Amelia was around. I called her and asked her to come to my office.

A few seconds later, She knocked and entered, I looked at her and frowned because I was angry at her for leaving on Friday without telling me.

"Have you fixed the meeting with the Chinese investors? " I asked and she shook her  head."Answer with words Amelia" I said getting angry, how could she not set the meeting with the investors. She gave her her reply and that infuriated me more.

"It skipped your mind like it did when you forgot to call me that you were leaving "I shouted and I saw her jump in my voice. "Answer me Amelia and what the fuck happened to your hand? " I asked and grabbed her hand.

What the hell was she thinking?

She apologized for not telling me why she left on Friday. I could have called her but I didn't want history to repeat itself, the feelings were growing stronger and it was hard to keep my hands to myself when she was around me. 

I hated it made me weak.

"Make sure you treat your hand and don't make mistakes like that in the future" I instructed.  " set the meeting with the investors and then we will talk about why you left without telling me," I told her.

She told my mother but my mother didn't inform me. Could she be lying and why was she bringing up Anna? Anna was the one who stood by me when she left me, I'll do anything for her.

"Don't use that tone on me Amelia " I said. "At least you could have waited for me to come before you leave, I wanted to thank you for coming, " I told her. Of course, I wanted to thank her because my grandmother felt safe around her and I liked it. She asked after my grandmother and I replied to her then she apologized

"Go set the meeting Amelia "I ordered, I couldn't stand her presence for too long because if I do I'll do something I'll regret. She bowed and left the office.

I sat down on my chair and tried to work on the computer but I couldn't because she was on my mind. The kiss we shared that night was unforgettable but I pretended it didn't happen. I couldn't stay too long without seeing her so I called her into my office to help sort out some files whereas I just wanted them around me.

What the fuck was going on with me? What was I  doing?

Lunch came and I dismissed her, Anna called and started throwing tantrums about me not calling her, not my fault though I just don't feel the spark between us anymore. I don't know if I loved her or not. I just do not want her to be sad because she helped me when I needed help the most.

"Look, Anna, I'll call you to come over tonight. Are you happy now?

I said to her over the phone, she chuckled and I could picture the smile on her face.

"I'll be expecting your call, Dylan. I love you" she said.

I ended the call because I couldn't say the word, I don't love her as I thought. It was not loving, it was just mere lust. I couldn't tell I don't love her, it will hurt her . my heart had always been with one person, that one person that I couldn't get out of my mind but does she feel the same.

The lunch ended some minutes ago even though I didn't go for lunch, I called Amelia's landline but she wasn't picking up.

" Is she not back from lunch?" I questioned myself as I paced around my office wondering where she might be.