CHAPTER 8-i thought you were sick

Amelia POV

It being a week since the night of the party, the night when Dylan kissed me and the night I felt whole again after a long time. Dylan became nicer overnight and didn't boss me around like before but he was still strict with his schedules and business plan.
He was also ignoring me because the only words we shared were few words and it's always about business.

"You are early today," Diana teased.
I could tell that she looked different because she wasn't wearing heavy makeup.

"Wow Diana you look good," I complimented her and for the first time since I started working at Blackstone, Diana smiled at me.

"Thank you. well I've decided to follow your advice," she replied smiling sweetly.

"Great," I smiled back and headed towards the elevator but then she called my name and I turned back to face her. "Amelia, the boss is not in. He called in sick this morning. "

"But he was fine yesterday," I said.

how come he is sick? Is he ignoring me? I thought about the only possible ways Dylan could go in order to ignore me.

"Amelia, I think you should go see him. You are his assistant. nurture him back on his feet" she winked at me making to raise my brows in confusion at what she meat by that.

"What?" I asked as she continue winking at me. " Okay, I'll go see him but I don't have his address, " I said.

Diana smiled and wrote on a piece of paper. "There it is," she handed the paper to me.
"I'll tell the manager you are sick," she grinned at me. " I got your back babe, " she whispered giving me a thumb up.

I wondered why she changed but I love the new Diana. I waved at her and walked out of the company. I hailed a taxi and entered then I show the driver the address.

"Are you an heiress? " he asked but I shook my head. " you know someone in this part of the city? "he asked and I nodded

"Why are you asking mister? "Because I believed it was none of his business about who I was visiting.

"Because only the rich and powerful lives there and like you said you are no heiress so what are you doing in a place like this?" He asked another question again making me to cussed at him silently.

"Can you focus more on driving sir? it too early to have an accident,"I shouted and that shut him up because he didn't say anything throughout the rest of the drive.

After thirty minutes of a silent ride, The driver stopped at the front of a large mansion. " we are here ma'am," he announced.

I paid him and get out of the car. "See you around lady," The driver winked and drove away.

There was no way I was ever going to see a driver like him. I hated people who don't mind their business. I walked towards the mansion and stared at its beauty. There was a large black gate and the name Blackstone was engraved on top of it. Two securities walked to me as I neared the gate and asked for my business and identity.

"I'm here to see Mr. Blackstone, I'm his assistant and I need to see him " I showed them my business ID but they still gave me some weird look as if I came there to steal.

"I'm here for business purposes," I stated.

They spoke amongst themselves before letting me into the mansion. The mansion was beautifully painted in a white color. A fountain was at the front of the mansion. Guards positioned themselves around the mansion as if it was a royal castle. When I entered the mansion I lost my voice because the interior was beautifully decorated. I had thought a mansion like this exist only in movies and stories but yet it existed in real life and being inside one was a total blessing. The mansion screams wealth because I didn't know how to describe it's beauty. This must be their family home because it was traditionally decorated.