CHAPTER 5-perfection

Amelia POV 

The preparation for the annual party had to be the most stressful thing ever. My boss wanted a perfect job done, so I decided to put all of myself into making it perfect. The planning committee had also been helpful, even though the director of finance still threatened me with his words.

When there was just a week left until the annual party, I made sure everything was available. The hall was fixed, and the colors and decorations were picked. I knew when Dylan saw everything, he'd be impressed.

I hope so. 

"Sir, you have your outfit appointment with Kelly's store this afternoon," I reminded my devil boss, who had done nothing but make my life a living hell. It was only two days before the annual party and I was already having second thoughts about it. 

I raised my brows in displeasure, which I doubted he noticed.

Doesn't' he has Anna for that? I thought. 

"Me?" I queried it on purpose. 

"Yes, did I stutter?" He asked, and I shook my head. "Well, get yourself ready, we will leave in five minutes." I walked out of his office, made the call to his driver, and got ready. A few minutes later, we left the office. As we walked past the receptionist, she cast a glare at me as we passed by, and I glared back. 

We reached Kelly's store a few minutes later. The owner, Kelly, welcomed us and led us to the private room for his suit fitting. The woman looked like a replica of Kim Kardashian, except for her dark curly hair. 

"Hello there, Dylan, your suit is ready." Kelly greeted him and kissed his cheeks. Dylan smiled at her and he went with her to another room. I took a look around, and everything screams "money." Most of the clothes looked expensive, and when I checked the price tag, I almost shouted, but I composed myself and looked away. A few minutes later, they came out, and Dylan began to test his suit while I just sat down staring at how good he looked. 

"How is this suit, Amelia?" He asked, and I blinked to make sure he was talking to me.

"Erm, I.., you look handsome." I quickly covered my mouth as soon as the word came out of my mouth. I coughed when I realized what I had said, while Dylan smirked at me. "I mean, you look good; the suit fits you perfectly," I told him. 

He smiled and looked in the mirror. "Where
is Anna?" Kelly suddenly asked. "Why didn't you bring her for the fitting and who is she?" She asked with disgust in her tone.

"Kelly, who I bring is none of your business, and this is Amelia, my assistant." Dylan angrily replied.

"I'm sorry, Dylan, but I was wondering why she wasn't here because you always bring Anna." Kelly expressed her feelings, but Dylan gave no reply and continued to look in the mirror. Just then, his phone rang, and he picked it up and walked out.

Kelly faced me and sneered. She walked up to me and looked at me like I was her prey.

"Do we have a problem?" I asked because I was getting angry at her already.

"Oh yes, we do have a problem, bitch," she sneered at me, which irritated me.

I clenched my fists and inhaled deeply as she walked toward me. "Did you just call me a bitch?" I asked, getting ready to punch her beautiful face. "Yes

" what are you going to do about it, bitch?" She said the word again, but I kept my cool and released a sigh. I didn't want to cause any fights because I might be blamed for it, so I smiled and tried to ignore her. 

"I don't have to exchange words with you, Kelly. The bitch knows herself." I smirked and sat down.

"Get the fuck off my couch, get your dirty body off my property!" she yelled and pushed me off the couch. I landed on my buttocks and groaned out in pain. 

"Stay away from Dylan," she warned. "He doesn't give a fuck about your preferences. Anna is my friend and I'll eliminate people who dare compete against her," she threatened and walked out of the room, leaving me on the floor alone. 

Just then, Dylan walked in and saw me sitting on the floor. "What the fuck are you doing on the floor?" he asked in disbelief. 

I scoffed and stood up to face him. "Does it matter? because you will never believe me, "I sobbed. I didn't want to cry, but the situation didn't help. Dylan didn't say anything, but instead, he embraced me. I cried all my heart out, and after a few seconds, I stopped crying and couldn't look at Dylan because I had ruined his clothing with my tears and I knew he would hate me for that.

"Now that you have stopped crying, care to tell me what happened?" He asked, sitting on the couch and crossing his legs.

I explained everything to him, and he listened."Oh really, Kelly did that?" He asked, and I stared at him in disbelief. "Because the Kelly I know will never do that," he said defensively. "We've known each other for years; she is not a bad person."

"Then why did you ask me? Why did you hug me as if you cared? " I shouted at the top of my voice, 

"Don't you dare raise your voice at Amelia?" He pointed a finger at me and I pushed it away.

"Or what? You are going to call me a selfish bitch because I left you years ago. Grow up, Dylan. I'm not in high school anymore, and you are not in college. Do you know what I am doing with your stupid remarks? "I paused and looked at him. "I'll take the bus home!" I pushed him away and grabbed my bag from the couch. "See you tomorrow" I walked out of the store not bothering to look back at him, and when I expected him to call me back and he didn't, I knew that I meant nothing to him. 

I walked towards the Bus station hoping to see a bus, but mother nature decided to make it worse by pouring rain on my unhappy self. There was not a shed to stand under, so I walked in the rain. I cried as I took every step in the rain and also thought about my life. 

"Why is my life so critical?" I shouted and pointed to the sky. "Why?"

A car horned and parked beside me, and I didn't bother looking at it until Dylan came out of the car. "Go away, Dylan, it's not as if you care," I said to Dylan, who was walking toward me with an umbrella.

"Get in the car, Amelia," he ordered, and I pretended I didn't hear and continued walking away. "Get in the car!" he yelled, but I didn't answer him. "Please," he begged.

"Leave me alone, Dylan."

"You will catch a cold if you don't get in now," he stated. 

Don't pretend as if you care, Dylan. "You are a jerk, a big one," I replied to him.

"Amelia, please, I care about your health." "Just get into the car", he begged, but I didn't answer him and walked away, but he walked towards me and grabbed my hand. "I'm sorry!" he shouted, and for the first time, I could see the sincerity on his face. "I am sorry Amelia when you left. I spoke with Kelly and you were right. I had no idea, "he rubbed his head. "I thought you were lying," he paused and bit his lower lip.

"I am not lying! Remember, you didn't believe me." I cried. 

Dylan grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to himself, and under the rain, he embraced me. "I'm sorry Amelia, get in the car," he pleaded, and I followed him, not arguing any further.

Staying in the rain for a long time would risk my health, as he said. None of us said a word as we entered the car. I shivered from the cold, and when Dylan noticed, he removed his suit and draped it on my shoulder. "Thank you," I muttered and rested my head on the window while staring at the rain as it poured, and there, I fell asleep.